River raids in Assassin's Creed Valhalla would be better with dad jokes

Title River raids in Assassin's Creed Valhalla would be better with dad jokes
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When February 15, 2021

You're probably playing that other Viking game now. Valheim is the game du jour. It's $20 on Steam, looks great, and unlike many early access survival crafting games, it's not a broken mess of potential..

Read the full article

“Unexplored regions of England”? I’m pretty sure I reached every nook and cranny of that country during my playthrough.

Shame they didn’t put more gameplay systems into the boat when the game actually came out. What a huge step backwards from Odyssey, and what a weird oversight in a game about freakin’ Vikings.

By the way, the best purveyor of Dad jokes in recent media is Father in Raised by Wolves. Who was played by Abubakar Salim. Who was the voice of Bayek in Assassin’s Creed: Origins. If Ubisoft brought him back in to boat stories for Valhalla, I’d ride that dumb longboat up and down English rivers for as long as he’d care to tell them!

-Tom

Reddit is not happy

Meh - they never are. Reddit is a mostly negative cirkeljerk of posts if they don’t get exactly what they want.

I guess enjoy river raid easy mode while you can if you just want to beeline for cosmetic rewards. If Ubisoft stays true to their pattern, they’ll increase the difficulty in an update.

It does feel a bit like something that should be integrated in the base game, given the theme.

My first thought, when seeing the thread’s title.

It’s sorta like that but with axes.