RNC cultivating young donors during after-party at Voyeur West Hollywood

Voyeur West

A $1,946.25 bar tab at a bondage-themed Hollywood nightclub financed by the RNC was part of a night of cultivating young Republican donors, The Daily Caller learned Monday after first reporting the expense that showed up on recent FEC filing.

The California blog Red County reported that the outing at Voyeur West Hollywood was an after-party for a number of young Republicans who attended a Young Eagles event that night at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Young Eagles is an RNC-sponsored program to cultivate 30- to 40-year olds seen as tomorrow’s big donors.

so future republicans are peeping toms and dude who get hard by from getting spanked?

Pretty much in line with the current gen, then.

Their fundamentalist Christian base should appreciate this.

At least it’s a step up from ‘cultivating young donors’ in airport restrooms.

I could think of much worse places for young Republicans to spend their money.

Plus, they’re helping to support single mothers through direct donations.

Trickle-down economics at its finest.

This IS the fundamentalist Christian base.

Backdoor reparations indeed.

No, there are really two major wings to the Republican party: people with lots of money, and conservative Christians. The GOP takes money from the rich people to whip up the Christians wing of the party so they can cut taxes on the rich.

“Bondage-themed” sure sounds like the article trying to make a big deal out of nothing. Was there actual bondage taking place or was the wait staff just dressed in leather? Is it unusual to take potential donors out to bars?

This thread is useless without pictures.

Wait…these Republican wanna-bees are female, right?

Citysearch Editorial Review
by Brandi Fowler at Citysearch

Designed like an off-color fantasy scene from “Eyes Wide Shut”, this club (which errs on the side of eroticism), is suited up with an A-list clientele. The see-and-be scene crowd who make it past the discerning doorman enter into an appropriately dubbed “risque” arena. A glass-enclosed stage reveals scantily-clad dancers writhing their bodies around in sequin-embellished pasties, as guests watch and sip organic watermelon jalapeno and blueberry mint cocktails and cucumber olive shots. Club-goers who’ve danced the night away can lounge on leather chairs and antique sofas, while boosting their energy with crispy shrimp rolls and smoked salmon and cucumber tea sandwiches. Just keep in mind that the door policy is extremely strict. Arrive early if you’re on a guest list, but be aware that bottle service is the only way to guarantee entry.

Pretentiousness at its finest
by LADiva at Citysearch

If you’re Persian or considered unattractive don’t waste your time. But if you’re superficial and a size zero by means of cocaine or meth, by all means visit this establishment. Trendy Whites are allowed entry while those of a darker shade, unless pulling in a considerable amount of cash are not. The night my friends and I went, the doorwoman by the name of Anastasia was rude and demonstrated bipolar disorder. Adamant that no “wack” people gain entry in the club, she gave the security guards a ridiculous tongue thrasing for allowing what she considered unsavories inside. Now to the Persian rence. Miss Anastasia was heard saying “How did all these Persians get in here?” Los Angeles is supposedly a melting pot where people are treated fairly and not different because of the shade of their skin. I don’t think the owners at Voyeur received the memo.

* Pros: None
* Cons: Everything

rude & incompetent at door & service
by newmandavid202 at Citysearch

we had a table reservation ( 3 couples have to buy 3 bottles for about $ 1700 , that’s ok , we have the money !) …little door guy with a lollipop in his mouth, made us wait 20 min aoutside and had a very bad attitude. Please guys, if you try to be professional, fire the little guy first, he is hurting your business.

And hire some competent servers.

Sorry…will not return !!!

* Pros: none
* Cons: from start to finish ....just unpleasant

It’s not exactly a swingers/bondage club. It’s just another trendy LA club with a floor show.

Oh. Wow.

Rolled up here with 6 girls around midnight on a Saturday night after we realized that the crowd at Crown Bar had gone drastically downhill.

The girl at the door sent us in right away and told us to go to a table by the bar and get some free Champagne. Seriously. This club is amazing. There are topless “dancers” acting out S&M scenes throughout the night on one of the side stages, there’s a half-naked girl hanging from a net across the ceiling and at one point I walked to the bathroom and pretty much just stopped dead in my tracks to watch two girls simulating oral sex in a glass case.

Really understated elegance here.

Also, Lindsay Lohan was at our table at one point.

Great place to let loose on a Saturday night in Weho.

From Yelp

Yep, and that is because out anything (poverty, hunger, disease) Jesus hated taxes the most. Ooops, maybe not. (“Give unto Ceaser what is Ceaser’s”)

“If you’re Persian?”

Amazing.

Sure. Lots of Persians (Iranians) in L.A. with lots of money. I believe the one of the biggest populations of Iranians outside of Iran is in LA. I’m sure there are clubs where they are not welcome by the “Hollywood” crowd.

Oh, yeah, tons of Persians in Beverly Hills. In fact, the mayor is Iranian-American, and I believe even born in Iran.

Anaheim also has an extremely large Persian population, although I would expect those with money might be more likely to live in Beverly Hills.