"Robin -- What have I done to you?"

I laughed
I cried
People looked at me weirdly and dialled the mental ward.

Was this a real issue?

Good gods…

The Batman and Eve was from the Elseworlds 80-Page Annual, a parody issue.

It had a sequence about microwaving Superbaby, so it was never released in the USA. A few hundred made it out in the UK before it was pulped; I have one of them. :)

Haha that’s such a collector’s item.

Haha that’s such a collector’s item.[/quote]
Don’t know if you’re being sarcastic, but considering I paid $6 about 5 years ago…

Gosh! That’s an increase in value of 2500 percent! Why didn’t you buy 1000 copies?

Oops.

For some “Superman’s Girlfriend Lois Lane” fun, check out this forum.

I hope this thread never dies.

+100 points for the Police Squad! reference.

Came across this in The Titans #39:

Not really as much a conversation as it is just Nightwing staring at Starfire’s boobs.

I just love this scene from one of the Marvel Secret Wars:

Yup…guys in their underpants sitting around playing pattycake. That’s not gay at all.

At least we know Captain America isn’t gay!

You just know that Robin wrote pages of teen-angst livejournal entries before this:

Autoerotic asphyxiation?

The genius lies in what The Lizard is saying.

Tangential to this thread, Secret Wars was awful. Neat concept, ass writing. Go on and read it. Everyone calling each other “kid,” Spider-Man utterly mopping the floor with the X-Men, Johnny Storm’s every uttered word. Stick to administration, Jim Shooter. Grant you, Molecule Man dropping a mountain range on the heroes was inspired, and most of Doctor Doom’s stuff was fun. Otherwise: crap, and Mike Zeck’s art was a pale shadow to his cover art and later work (it’s amazing that he did that first Punisher limited series when looking at the sketched-like shit in SW).

I loved SW when I was 13. Haven’t read it in a good 20 years, so I’ve no idea what I would think of it now. But at least back then there was a shared Marvel Universe. If Marvel ever had an event like that today, the regular monthly issues would just go on as if nothing was taking place all. These days, Magneto can destroy New York in New X-Men or the city can be invaded by the forces of Dormammu in Amazing Spider-Man and nobody in the other books even notices. Hell, Peter Parker physically morphed into a spider recently in Spectacular and the transformation wasn’t even referenced in Amazing.

Marvel sucks today. So much so that I long for the days when DC was running stupid covers like the ones in this thread.

Ultimate Spider-Man owns though.

It’s okay. But Bendis’ habit of dragging one-panel scenes like Mary Jane passing Peter a note in class into five or six pages drives me crazy. You can read a $3 issue of Ultimate Spider-Man in about three minutes. Fun to read if you’ve got a stack of 'em, or a bunch of TPBs, but buying and reading the monthlies feels a lot like setting your cash on fire.

That may be; I read it in hardcover form.