[s]Stellaris[/s] Nexus 5X - Not Wasting Your Time, Like Stellaris Did

Stellaris Nexus is a turn-based multiplayer 4X game that respects your time, giving you the full spectrum of a thrilling, strategic 4X experience. Play as unique factions and leaders against up to 5 other players or against total strangers in skill-based matchmaking, plotting and battling your way to galactic dominance; all of this in about 1 hour.

Respects my time? What does that even mean?

You don’t have to wait for DLC. It will all be available to purchase on day one!

“Sir,” Stellaris Nexus says to me, “Sir, I just want to say you are the greatest strategist I’ve ever seen. Hugely impressive.”

Sigh, it’s a space game, so I’ll have to try it at least.

It’s being developed by Whatboy Games, who designed Trials of Fire, so it’s likely a Day 1 for me.

When you launch it all that comes up is this:

Screenshot_20230608-182614~2

I mean Civilization Revolution was a neat way to tweak the civ formula.

Could be neat.

If it is multiplayer I hope it has asynchronous play.

Yeah I’ll likely buy it just to support them. Trials of Fire is fantastic.

I loved playing CivRev on the 360. a Stellaris version of that would be aces.

Just to revisit this in a less jokey fashion, this is a phrase I see a lot these days in a gaming context, and as far as I can tell it mostly seems to mean that only forward progress is possible and losing is essentially not. Now, in this context, that of a multiplayer-focused game, it doesn’t seem to mean that so much as it means you can get it done quickly and then move on with your life. Might be best to think of this as a digital board game?

Here is a steam page link (I deleted some text which was just me being bitchy):

I think the phrase means, “You can play a full game of this in ‘all about 1 hour.’”

Yeah, like I said, digital board game, which is not necessarily a bad thing! Would be cool if they took advantage of the medium to do some wego stuff.

I’ve never played a board game that could be finished in one hour. I think the shortest board game I’ve ever played is Catan, and that takes about 3-4 hours.

Multiplayer-only 4X spin-off?
This sounds like CEOs and marketing people wanted to have MOBA money and some desperate dev has convinced them that they can compromise and do something decent.

Oh man, you need to look into some new board games, especially now that you have kids. Sushi Go, King of Tokyo, Carcassone, Ticket to Ride - I’m not sure if I’ve ever played a round of those that went over an hour. Maybe when we were starting out and my kids were learning. But they’re definitely quick, easy to learn and play, and even fun!

You’ve never played one that had the fiddly stuff (like setup!) handled by a computer, either.

Ticket to Ride with 5 players 45 - 60 minutes. It is one of the reasons it is easy to get non-gamers to try it.

I own it. Each time we played was about 4-5 hours.