Sam and Victor's Day Off - The Ferris Bueller spin-off movie

Taking place on a single day, the film centers on the two titular valets who borrow the Ferrari belonging to the father of Alan Ruck’s character, Cameron Frye, in John Hughes’ original 1986 film.

Just why?

“You realize if we played by the rules right now we’d be in gym?”

This is so, so dumb.
I know all I need to know.
They caught massive air.

*this was part of a larger response until I realized that my main points formed a haiku.

Joyride Ferrisbueller GIF - Joyride Ferrisbueller Ferris ...

You have to give them a little respect for not trying to straight up remake the original.

John Hughes is something something grave.

I’ll wait and hate it when it’s a bad movie. Until then I’ll look forward to it.

Almost 40 years later, why? Why???

I love Ferris, he’s a righteous dude with a hot sister, but Hollywood’s creativity is sinking to new lows if they’re stooping to making spin-off sequels to mid-80s movies.

Why can’t hollywood just make good movies again, instead of trying to wring blood from the bones of 40 year old movies?

If you want to see something crazy, I always tell folks to go and look at the movies that came out in a single year… 1984. Go check it out. Just google “1984 movies”.

Richard Edson and Larry Flash Jenkins played the unnamed valets in the original film who take the Ferrari on a joy ride.

I hope Richard Edson will somehow be involved in this project, even though I don’t see how he can reprise his character if it’s set at the same time as the original movie. This probably isn’t the kind of movie where digital deaging is involved, right? Yet it’ll probably also be a period piece, unless they just re-set it in the modern era, where Ferris can use technology like cell phones and AirTags to further his bamboozlements.

From time to time I’ll see Edson pop up in movies and enjoy what little his parts offered.

He had a small role in Strange Days, big enough to give important exposition and to also play dead while the Doors song of the same name blared. And he had an even smaller and more thankless role in Black Dynamite. There, he was one goon in a squad of goons, popping out of a big car, firing their pistols at Black Dynamite. Only, blink and you’ll miss it, Edson forgot to put the car in park as his team jumped out, so he had to dive back in while it continued rolling forward. It didn’t save his character though, he was still quickly dispatched by Black Dynamite. I think his character has a name, but I don’t think he had any lines.

Yet he was also one of Danny Aiello’s two sons in Do The Right Thing, the calmer one who wasn’t John Tuturro, who reminded Tuturro that his favorite musician was Prince. What a terrific job he did in that terrific movie! And he was in Sonic Youth way before they became a Kool Thing. As I scan his IMDb listing, it looks like he’s been acting in at least one project every year. Sometimes the IMDb rating is awful, sometimes his face is on the poster (but I’ve never heard of the movie), but he never stops working.

I want to see him play Jon Bernthal’s dad in a project some day. They have the same sort of nose, like the less sheer side of Yosemite’s Half Dome, and the same sort of squint, like they’ve just been punched in the stomach but they’re strong enough to take it. Maybe, somehow, this movie could be that project.

I don’t know anything about Larry “Flash” Jenkins, but maybe I should dive into his Wiki page too?

He died in 2019.

Wow, I didn’t know that! Crazy.

:)