Sam he is: Splinter Cell Double Agent:

I’m in if you are interested. I bought it during the ToysRUs 3 for 2 sale. It’s been sitting on the shelf, waiting for me.

Dig it. Evenings PST works best for me.

I picked up Splinter primarily because of the oh-so-warm feelings I had/have about the multiplayer in Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory.

Little did I realize that this new iteration did away with most of the things I loved about those games. Gone were the gadgets, the spy’s stun gun, the complexity and some of the depth.

As a result, DA sat untouched for sometime. But on a lark, I recently started playing the co-op challenges with another Qt3er and have become a fan of the series again. Co-op is done right on DA. Versus is still eh, but the co-op challenges are infinitely better and move at a more frenetic pace than what’s come before.

I’d recommend a DA resurgence for those who have it but haven’t really played it.

I played some versus last night for the hell of it with random people off of Live. I played on the the spies side and all I heard through the match was “where’s my gun?” “how do I kill these guys?” I hope he was a newbie to the whole spies vs. mercs thing and not wishing for the spies kill the mercs gameplay thaqt seemed to be the default way to play in Pandora Tomorrow and Chaos Theory.

You should pick up the Xbox version! It’s very similar to SC:CT in terms of the co-op multiplayer, unlike the 360 version. It’s also backward compatible with the 360. I’ve played a bunch of the 360 version online and it ends up feeling pretty shallow.

I’m very interested in trying some of the co-op challenges (or even some full on multiplayer) … any other QT3ers up for this?

I’m in

Wow that was interesting. I played about 5 co-op rounds with my brother tonight. The spies are really really fast but have zero offense. The mercs are tough and pretty fast too. I’m not too sure that I like the lack of gadgets on both sides but I do appreciate it’s more about spies completing objectives instead of snapping necks.

Was a Qt3 Squad ever created and if so I can get an invite?

Rorschach, thanks for the co-op games and the map tutorials. I really needed the latter.

I jumped out a little early to hang out with the wife but I’m in for some more Splinter Cell, either co-op or versus (if we can round up 3 more folks) sometime soon. Good stuff.

Have they released the patch that makes the game not crash all the damn time yet? And not run like a piece of crap on a very high end comp?

Sorry Igor we’re talking about 360 here. You’re welcome fuzzy… any time.

Funny, I must’ve missed the 360-only disclaimer. Can I just mention the ending made me confused then?

any one for kicking my ass in multiplayer

Send me a message. I’m up for it most nights.

I might be. Sunday and Tuesday evenings are best for me. I’d at least like to work on a little more co-op action.

Thread necromancy from a first time poster! Hello there!

So I was watching videos of Conviction and decided that I love that game, and thus must play all previous Splinter Cell games again (I finished only Chaos Theory before).

So I played first SC, worked perfectly after enabling shadows in ini file, finished it, awesome game.Then I played Pandora made by Ubi Shanghai - shadows do not work on anything higher than GF 5900, so that made it a bit sucky, plus the level design was not as good with the exception of the train mission (which was awesome, but too short).Then I played Chaos Theory again, and LOVED THE HELL OUT OF IT, because it was flawless in technical terms, mission design terms, had interesting story and amazing Sam Fisher humour.

And so I started playing Double Agent yesterday, bought on Steam (and thus patched to the latest version I presume).

And in the 3 missions that I played, I got two BSODs and one crash to desktop.
And that is on PC which can run Orthos for 32 hours without a hitch, Arma 2 for 6 hours straight and GTA4 for 10 hours - simply rocks stable PC. My drivers are all updated, but DA crashes like that - and the error written on BSOD is something with the file rtkhdaud.sys, which is audio driver.

Is this normal that Shanghai games are such a technical mess? Pandora has completely nonfunctioning shadows and DA is the only game ever made to give me BSOD : /.

Does anyone pleasee have any idea on how to stop it from crashing?

btw excuse my english, it sucks . ).

The PC port is a tremendous piece of shit. You’re probably going to have to play it on a 360.

I never played the PC version of Double Agent but even the Xbox 360 version was a buggy mess… the glitchiest Xbox 360 game I’ve ever played by a long shot, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the PC verison has some bugs that are going to cause crashes no matter what you do to your PC.

I do not have X360 and do not plan on buying one : /.

But I just played for an hour with HW sound acceleration in dxdiag switched “basic”, and did not have any problem during that hour.Hopefully it will solve it.

But how can this pass playtesting? And how is it, that Montreal games are such technical masterpieces (all of them, SC, Assassins Creed, FC2…) while two Shanghai games that I played are disastrous? I do not get it.