Saturday Night Live: Season 342343414

If this happened in North Korea…

So maybe this is the first time I’ve noticed, but Woody has one eye that twitches a lot. Was that just last night or like, all the time?

I liked the impeachment town hall, Larry David was especially great as Sanders. Hell he almost seemed to BE Sanders.

I enjoyed quite a few of the sketches. And that first song by Billie Eilish was so great. Music was nice, and the preformance was awesome. When she started walking on the wall, I would have done a spittake if I’d been drinking something. They revealed how they were doing it too soon with a different camera shot, I would have loved it if they’d stayed with it for longer and let me figure out on my own how the hell you can have someone walk on the walls in a live performance.

Oh, I saw that, but I thought she had already started cracking up before that.

I guess that is another sign I am getting old. I thought the “special effect” was better than the “music”, but my daughter came into the room and danced to it.

Did you all know Woody wore a Greta t-shirt at the end of the show? I love Woody Harrelson :)

Ok, this was great. Matthew’s line on the way out! So good.

It was great that Woody Harrelson actually came back this week to reprise his role as Joe Biden. He was just as good this week with that role.

I guess Chance (the rapper?) was on and I’ve seen two clips from his hosting this last weekend and he killed in both. I’m off to try and find more.

Yeah, the esports one was great. I also liked the Spooky Song bit.

This wasn’t up on YouTube when I first read your reply, but now it is and it was a delight.

Wow, it’s been a minute.

The NATO Summit Cafeteria cold open was fun as was J Lo’s monologue. Damn, she’s 50 already?? The Rockettes were a nice touch.

Then another version of the “nerdy dude with smokin’ hot wife” bit that began when Margot Robbie hosted. Fun so far.

I want to see if Cecily Strong has one more “Girl You Wish You Hadn’t Started a Conversation with at a Party” sketch in her. The first one of those in 2010 was hilarious.

Is there anything Kate McKinnon can’t do? Her take on Nancy Pelosi had me in stitches.

I thought the episode was the best in quite a while. J Lo seemed like a really good sport and the dialog on most of the sketches was very good.

J Lo looks fucking amazing for 50. We also just saw here in Hustlers since it’s now on streaming. The woman drinks from the fountain of youth.

I heartily agree! The previous week had been dismally rote, everyone seeming to just be going through the motions. This last week they looked like they were having fun again.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the episode as well. J-Lo brought an enthusiasm and energy to every skit that elevated it.

Reminder: Eddie Murphy makes his long-awaited return to Saturday Night Live tonight.

A few hiccups, but a pretty awesome return!

Fantastic return. Loved Buckwheat’s return and how they did it. Also a very pertinent Mr. Robinson. The Weekend Update, I thought, was fantastic. It had a little bit of everything, but I love when Michael Che and Colin Jost force each other to do unrehearsed jokes the other has written. I know the underlying and oft used part of that is black/white jokes, but it’s still hilarious watching them each have a tough time with it. And of all the things on SNL, probably the funniest is watching comedians break character and laugh. It’s infectious.

Ah da tingle naadies.

“Money don’t crack” - damn, he looks great after 35 years.

He did indeed look great. When some of his friends came up at the beginning of the show I was struck even more by how little Eddie Murphy has changed in looks for so long.