Say goodbye to all your money

Assuming you can, install Steam on the PC that you want to purchase stuff on and log in to your account; buy the game that you want and then remote desktop into your home PC and start downloading the game that you just purchased. Unless you meant have Steam automatically download the game for you on the home PC, in which case I have no idea how you go about that.

Only games I bought full price on Steam was “Orange Box” and “Popcap Collection”. Everything else was discounted.

Full price on Steam is a joke since retail matches it or even beats it + a lot of shit is not available for Europe / Germany.

No thanks.

I love Steam… but I don’t understand why COD4 is still full priced in Steam. After ALL these months! Jeez!

Because it’s worth it and still popular?

Some games defy the bargain bin for a very long, long time. Might as well bitch at Blizzard for pricing the Diablo Warchest at what $40 still?

I don’t know if the US price is more sensible, but the $70 + VAT euro-price is way more expensive than any other shop I have seen CoD4 in. Even when it was brand new.

There seems to be a persistent problem with pricing on Steam games for anyone not in the US.

I think it’s publishers giving them a headache. CoD4 was $70 initially to compensate for the dollar / euro exchange rate (back then, $70 + VAT equaled €50). What happened since then, was that the dollar rose when all the imaginary money vaporized, $70 became €ridiculous, and nobody took the time to slash the price.

The same goes for Bioshock (still $55 on Steam; this should be $25 to match current street pricing).

OTOH, Audiosurf has that $2,50 deal going on here, too; and buying old games over Steam fluctuates between “great deal” and “astounding deal”. And Valve’s own releases are the same price everywhere. So it’s a mixed bag.

well who cares about the fuckin wogs