School shooting in Florida

Agreed, but it’s a question of dealing with the system we’ve got or the system we want.

I doubt that Delta is gonna up and move, but I can see this definitely affecting Amazon’s view of Georgia.

https://twitter.com/RespectableLaw/status/969254957194141697

I just don’t even.

The one thing that’s come out of this election for me is that I have a better understanding of how dictators seize and hold power. I haven’t been this close to a personality cult up until now.

What a weird world it must be when I actually agree with something Trump is doing. It’s not nearly enough but it’s something. But again, that’s only IF he actually does it. He blatantly lied about DACA so it won’t shock me at all when he shoots down reasonable gun control legislation on his desk.

Yup. The idea that ‘I agree with it because Dear Leader believes it’ is somehow an artifact of more primitive societies… has been completely exploded. We haven’t evolved a bit.

As someone on twitter observed, trump doesn’t give a shit about guns, he just wants to say he passed something when Obama couldn’t.

Humans are a domesticated species, hence the proclivity for strong men and authoritarian leaders.

(Not entirely serious.)

The thing that’s nuts to me is that the cult is built around a personality which is objectively terrible in seemingly every way.

I mean, I have a hard time imagining a person who is worse on virtually any metric. He’s stupid, totally unethical, immoral, physically disgusting, etc.

He’s terrible by every possible metric I can imagine.

The idea that these people would choose to follow him is absurd to me.

They seem like terrible human beings themselves, so maybe that’s the attraction. It’s okay to be racist/unethical/disgusting, look at the President! One of us, one of us!

He’s a mirror.

He’s rich, and he never apologizes.

That’s all I got.

He’s confident, assertive, he usually listens to what the people voted from him want, and doesn’t let people walk over him (to the extreme)…and…um…president.
Wait do negatives count? He’s not evil and competent!

The Trump Republican’s deepest desire is to get rid of politics, taxes, and regulations, to just Get Rid of It All. They don’t actually understand politics, and what they do understand of it, they hate. They stick their head in the sand over Trump, latch on to any misstep by Democrats to even the scales (oh, they’re all bad! oh, Trump is bad, but… I totally support every one of his policies, ect) and secret smile when Trump tears down another regulation or cuts another tax… because that’s their highest aspirations.

That they don’t actually understand the connection between politics and their lifestyles is the problem today. They want Trump to cut taxes because the cost of healthcare keeps going up, and dammit, the government just wants more of my money. They want better roads but dammit I can’t afford another property tax increase! It’s embarrassing to me that the military/space/whatever program isn’t as good as it used to, but dammit, all the Democrats want to do is spend spend spend. Meanwhile the Republicans spend on debt, and I never notice it in the slightest. And now there’s the mountain of debt and the Democrats don’t want to do anything about it! This is why we need fiscally responsible conservatives in power, because it never occurred to me to notice how the debt was increasing or who was doing it.

They just want it all to go away. They want 0 taxes, 0 regulation, and 0 government. That’s why they support Trump. They need to be kicked into a state of nature and be forced to relearn the lessons of history first hand, or else they’ll never “get it”.

I watched this guy on YouTube, a fairly handsome looking blue-collar tooth-gapped, self tought welder/forger type of guy that looked a lot like Quinn from Jaws. His coworkers handed him a drill made of tungsten carbide. They told him he couldn’t forge it. Oh don’t tell me I can’t do something! So he tried it, and, sure enough, can’t melt it. Instead of reading and learning, he had to do it. And at the end he still doesn’t understand what tungsten carbide is, he just knows he can’t melt it and hammer it, because he did it himself. That’s like every Trump Republican in a nutshell. Unless they lay hands on it and actually see it, they don’t believe. And even at the end, they still don’t understand first principles.

I’d love to get all the Trump Republicans to lock them in the South for like 10 years with 20’ high walls until they relearn the lessons they’ve apparently all forgotten.

Tungsten carbide drills?!

Maybe they’ll talk about loot boxes?

He wasn’t a RINO (or really a republican) and he wasn’t Hillary. The tendency now is to be against something rather than for something.

It will be very interesting to see who shows up and would willingly sit in the same room as Donald Trump. This may sound silly from the outside but I can assure you, at least in the bay area, tech workers and professionals in the games business are seething with anger at Trump.

Good luck to a CEO who will sit in the same room as him and have a photo taken being there. It will not go down well with his/her colleagues. Not at all.

So somebody did this last night to the billboard about a half block from my office.

It was taken down pretty quickly.

Except he has (maybe, had?) the one quality that the deplorables love: he pissed off libs.

This isn’t about winning a policy debate or ethics or morality. It’s about winning the culture war. That’s literally all they want…the America they used to have, where a white man can open carry and roll coal and beat up faggots without consequences.

Holy crap, where is that?