SCOTUS under Trump

That one is over my head.

Dudeā€¦ thatā€™s a low blow.

@kerzain Iā€™m sure you can find it if you looked. Magnets summary isnā€™t inaccurate, but itā€™s also not particularly pertinent here. Neal had no involvement other than knowing the guy.

Oh, too soon?

Your friend came here to chuckle at the misfortune of others, so Iā€™m sure he can take any laughs at his expense.

Or, and hereā€™s a novel idea, Iā€™m trying to be better than that.

Get mad, get angry, donā€™t let bullshit go unchallenged. But things like that are, at best, a non sequitor that allows him to dismiss counter arguments.

He may do so anyhow. But I at least try not to make it easy.

CraigM, if you want to engage him, then by all means go ahead.

But as far as Iā€™m concerned, someone who starts out by insulting opponents as hysterical losers is someone who deserves ridicule, not engagement.

But you donā€™t want to pay to educate, feed, or house them.

You donā€™t actually care about them. Itā€™s just a contrived political taking point and your intellectual dishonesty is painfully obvious. You have no coherent principles at the core, so it ends up just being a mess of regurgitated superficial talking points. ā€œA cluster of cells is sacredā€¦ But actual humans dying is just the cost of business. The government should get out of our livesā€¦ But they should inject themselves into the lives of people donā€™t things that go against my personal religious convictions.ā€

You donā€™t stand for anything, dude.

Whatā€™s the Copenhagen reference? Is this something about that dude who murdered the chick aboard a submarine?

Yah, that submarine murder dude was Nealā€™s friend.

Bet there werenā€™t any corroborating witnesses for that one either, EH?

SANCTITY OF LIFE, Yā€™ALL

own the subs

That dead chick on the sub canā€™t tell you when it happened or who was there either!

Just another case of a woman trying to bring down a great man by being murdered and dumped in the ocean. White men really are the greatest victims of our time.

This thread went to some unexpected places in a hurry.

Okay, Iā€™ll gladly concede that I was wrong about whether you had any sense of shame about being a Trump supporter. That said, the only issue I can suss out from your posts in this thread is that youā€™re pro-life. Are there other reasons you have for supporting him?

It also sounds like you have some issues with empathy ā€“ specifically misogyny ā€“ given your comments about Dr. Ford. Iā€™m not sure itā€™s how you intended it, but your post reads as cruel, petty, and vindictive. Itā€™s not a good starting point for entering a political discussion.

You actually donā€™t. If you have the courage of your convictions, the capacity to articulate them, and the integrity to defend them, I hope youā€™ll continue posting. Heck, even if you could just manage two of those things, I hope youā€™ll continue posting!

-Tom

The overwhelming sense I get whenever conservatives post their opinions (not here, elsewhere) is that they are so badly misinformed itā€™s impossible to have any kind of rational discourse. You donā€™t really even need to have a dialogue with any of them, just read Fox News, the Federalist or Drudge - without exception they all say the same thing, they all repeat the same talking points. As soon as anyone tries to point out any information that might challenge their worldview the response is, almost without fail, ā€œfake news.ā€ (Prior to that, "liberal media!) no matter the source.

Sound, rational arguments can be made for small government, or local control vs impersonal, centralized bureaucracy. They never make those arguments though. Itā€™s always the moral failings of the poor, that or how welfare recipients live a life of luxury, laughing at all of us as they drive by in their Cadillac Escalades and dine on lobster thermidor .

As for the topic at hand, any judge put forward by the Federalist society would be as bad as Kavanaugh. The major difference here is that Kavanaugh is now an agent for trump and his cronies. But they all see the law the same way - as a tool to further enrich American oligarchs and to force a warped Christian world view on the rest of us (the latter probably cynically, as appealing to Evangelicals is their only way to stay in power. There is no actual constituency for their policies, ironically proven by trump during the primaries.) But they have become so in thrall to hating ā€œthe libsā€ that it just doesnā€™t matter to them.

Well shit, there goes the country.

Abortion is illegal in Northern Ireland.

Of course, it soon wonā€™t be in the EU, but still.

Iā€™m curious. So Manchin is a Democrat and voted for Kavanaugh. Why? None of the Republicans wavered, why did Manchin?

West Virginia. Heā€™s up by a lot there and probably could have still voted no and may have it if mattered, but he knows that state. trump won WV by >60% margin. Any Democrat who can win there is good at politics.

Neither is the legal status of abortion as unified as you say nor is there any clear trend in sight. For example, abortion remains illegal in Germany as a matter of constitutional law, having been found a violation of the fetusā€™ human dignity by the Constitutional Court in 1993. In Poland, itā€™s illegal with narrow health exceptions.

So you support threatening and intimidating children? Because that is exactly where this kind of shit leads,. Also, do you think the GOP deplorables wonā€™t end up doing the same thing? Better to draw a bright line between the personal and the political.

Appears that itā€™s a lot more complicated than that.

a woman who secures an abortion in Germany in the first trimester is, technically, breaking the law but will not be prosecuted.