Sea of Thieves!

I didn’t realize there were windows 7 purists.

/shrug. I like windows 7, because I don’t have a lot of problems with it. Running pro tools, and not having problems with windows, means don’t touch anything, for as long as you can. Even if protools wasn’t involved, I’d feel the same way. 7 works great for me, arbitrarily trying to change my OS for what benefit? MS needs to come up with better reason than “it’s new”, this is doubly true given all the complaints about 10. Maybe I’m missing some of the magic benefits of windows 10, but all I can see is exclusive content locked behind an OS it doesn’t need to be.

So yah, I guess I’m a windows 7 purist. You can add my name to the ‘would play it if it was on 7’ list.

I’d recommend that you do. The stress test is still limited in content, but the simple joy of taking to the seas and sailing with a crew is worth a try at least. Even better if you can hook up with some Qt3ers.

My kids are staying over this weekend, so I’m not sure how much time I’ll have to play. But I’ll definitely make an effort to group with friends after release.

The release notes for the scale test have been published:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/31193/release-notes-scale-test-0-4-0/2

There are a few new features compared to the beta, including selecting the look of your pirate, messages in a bottle, skeleton difficulty progression, …

Nice.

Apologies for the dumb question.

I have an Xbox One and a PC and I am subscribed to the Games Pass. I believe that I can install Sea of Thieves on both my Xbox and PC to play on either system and the game should sync between both.

My question is would I be able to have the game running on both systems at once–such as my son playing on the Xbox while I am on the PC? Or would I need to purchase a second copy?

I also have a secondary Xbox account which I use for some games so that a second player can jump in to Pac Man or Rocket League. Would that work to switch to the secondary account on the Xbox and the two of us play together?

Sorry for the overly complicated description.

If you’re asking could you run the game simultaneously on PC and Xbox on the same account, I’m going to say probably not but I don’t know for sure. Seems like the kind of thing @LMN8R could probably answer though.

If you own one copy of the game on one account, you can’t play it simultaneously on Xbox and PC. It will tell you that account is already playing the game.

However, if the Xbox is your home Xbox, it means other accounts have got access to your games on the Xbox.

So, if you make sure your gamer tag is not signed in on the Xbox and only your son’s is, and if you sign in on the PC, then you can theoretically both play together. It works for play anywhere games like Astroneer.

One caveat: this supposes that the beta lets your son play on his account. As it’s a semi closed beta, that’s not guaranteed. But it’s worth a try.

Yep, I do this all the time with the Forza games, I play on the PC kids play on the Xbox. Just make sure you sign in with a different Gamer tag as listed. Works great.

Thanks for all of the replies. I will have to try this with the alternate Gamer tag. :-)

The game might end up being a little advanced for him but I could see us enjoying sailing around together with no immediate goals to chase.

I bought this thing on a whim, on PC. I’m in the weekend test. I might be up for playing a bit (later evenings or tomorrow) if anyone else is in! I have barely looked at it, so no idea whatsoever about how to play. By way of bona fides, I do believe I can shoot a cannonball through my own ship deck, and I have once had a parrot sit on my shoulder in RL.

Xbox tag: JoshuaMarshall

I’m playing a lot tonight and tomorrow. Invite Kadath if you have room =)

Had a great time with my kiddo.

We sailed around with the small ship for an hour…crashed it, looked for treasure, shot ourselves out of the cannons.

Then decided to cruise around a long distance. Came upon a galleon and a small ship. The kid kept shooting himself out of the cannon trying to board ships. I attacked…sunk the small ship and the kid was in the water and took out the captain. He then started swimming toward the large ship and one of the crew members from that ship was swimming toward us…we all had a great pistol battle under water and I “thought” a shark took the guy out. So, we got closer to the ship and behind me the faker came up and sliced me in two. The kid got on board and almost took it over but 3 others were on there and he had no chance.

The game was somewhat fun the 1st hour but became super duper fun going up against others…we will be pirate hunting from now on!

Hmm. So I spent a couple hours tonight playing this with my brother. First question- is there a way to spawn a new ship if yours is sunk? Twice we were at an island on a quest and a group of people drove by in a galleon sank our sloop and continued on their way without looking for loot/us/etc.- just your basic griefer shit. So we were trapped on the island with no way to get back to an outpost that we could find. Is the only way to solve this having one out more of us teleport back via mermaid and drive a new ship back? That seems… less than ideal.

On the flip side, the rest of the spawning stuff seems a bit off. There was one guy that just spawned nearby over and over, came after us, we killed him, etc. We sank his sloop, he still spawned nearby, kept coming. It was asinine.

RARE,
Please do not release this game. You have a good name and good history of games, but this…
I don’t normally complain about a game before I’ve had a chance to play it, but based on my experience so far that’s not going to happen.

First game never played. No directions just small or big ship small or big crew. 1st game auto matched me with 2 guys. Hey new guy click thrown in jail. Really?

2nd game auto matched crew is not on the ship. No one is talking. Someone is on an island running with a chest. I try and follow. They turn it in. Hurray I got some money for nothing. Now where did they go? Ship is empty island empty. Did they quit? Ugh. No idea.

3rd game. I spawn on a ship. With another player at the same time. Alright! Quest complete! What? Apparently I’ve joined a quest that’s just finished. Okay. Look 3 guys sitting on the ship. Not moving. Not talking. Hey guys where do we sail next? They move around looking at the ship but that’s about it. Where are we headed next? Nothing. I Fine let’s go sailing I raise the anchor and immediately I’m jailed.

I’m guessing there might be some kind of game here but Between the long load times on my xboxX? (Really) and the lack of any kind of single player. I’ll be passing on this game. I don’t have time for mulitplayer idiots.

You can play alone with a sloop, but otherwise it’s hard to avoid multiplayer idiots in a multiplayer only game…

Really? I thought it still put you with a crew of 3. I’ll give it another shot.

You get to choose the size of your crew. A 1 person sloop is considered hard mode as it’s hard to hold your own when you are outmanned and outgunned. But it’s certainly a possibility.

If nothing else, it’s a good way to familiarise yourself with all the controls.

Make sure all your lanterns are switched off so other ships don’t spot you from afar at night.

I wonder if anyone who has seen that comic has smiled at it.

I have that deja vu feeling again.