Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

If you get a chance you should catch the Frontline piece on the rise of ISIS and Cheney’s “interaction” with the CIA after 9/11. It will disabuse you of the notion that the professionals at CIA were on board with the Bush administrations lust for war against Iraq.

As for the Russians hacking the election I think our MSM is just as complicit:

Between the Russians hacking, corporate media, and GOP Ratfucking democracy, Trump is a minority president and not legitimate. Not that that will stop him and the Republicans from turning this country into a god damn hellhole - there aren’t enough fucks in the world for Republicans and their supporters.

It’s really too bad there wasn’t some way for poor Joe Walsh to know how this would all turn out before the election.

One issue is getting people to fight through the confirmation bias they have- the people who voted for Trump will really not want to believe that the election was rigged or they were conned.

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/807966930481086464

Though he didn’t rule out Russian involvement, Mr. Trump suggested there were others who might be culpable.

“It could be Russia. And it could be China. And it could be some guy in his home in New Jersey,” he told Time. “I believe that it could have been Russia and it could have been any one of many other people. Sources or even individuals.”

At least he’s acknowledging that there has been tampering. That’s what he’s saying there, right? And now where does this leave us?

Think I’ve seen all the Frontline documentaries available online actually - and I would say that it is one of the best investigative journalism works we have available to us, along with ProPublica and a bunch of others.

But PBS is always used as a “joke” so I guess a lot of people do not take them seriously, or even bother checking them out.

Either way, how the CIA works vs. how the CIA information is reported/(ab)used is two different things.

The people who tried to tell the truth were silenced, and whatever they tried to speak out about was ignored by pretty much everyone. The end result is that the “brand” CIA is forever associated with:

• Unicorn WMDs in Iraq
  • Rendition Flights to torture people in Egypt and other “previously friendly states before NATO liberated them to be run by IS”

Course, their image before 9/11 wasn’t exactly a shining beacon either.

In the end everyone would blame the CIA for the “Intelligence Failure” even though Pentagon under Rumsfeld made up their own intelligence gathering unit (which made buddy with Fake source #1 Chalabi) that provided a lot of the “fodder” for going in.

Which was why my actual quote was:

“But… Is this the same CIA that claimed Iraq had WMDs - or was that more of an “appointed staff claimed vs. service members were screaming the opposite to a deaf nation”?” (Which I could have phrased better, since, that was kind of the truth back then, but is the leak a political “leak” to the press which is basically just lies coming from the right source, and he used to provide good intel before, or an actual intelligence officer leaking true information) I guess if the NSA spent less time hacking everyone and more time going after actual sources, maybe you’d be able to attribute things better.

I suppose the biggest hindrance to the CIA information actually being used correctly, in addition to “appointed” oversight/bosses (and not Leaders) is the fact that the employees are so loyal to the “Chain of command” and structures that hold them in their place (and quietly choking them), and the punishment for stepping off the path so severe, that they can do the best god damn job in the world, but politicians will still cherry pick or twist whatever information their provide to suit their goals, and the Media are running around after Twitter accounts than any actual truths, while the country is to gullible, lazy or just worn down/overworked to worry about it anyway, and with the latest episode of -some-fucking-show- coming up on TV/*Flix in the next 5 minutes they do not have time or the effort (after cooking food for the kids, paying the bills, worrying about the mortgage and if they’ll have a job or healthcare next week thanks to corporations run amok, they just hide in their homes and hope that some day it will all be right and the good guys will be back in charge (but they never will).

Good times.

Still, it doesn’t absolve the US; as has been stated earlier that there were a lot of issues with electronic voting back in 2000 and for all intents and purposes, nothing was done.

My impression is that some in the US are basically blaming Russia for allegedly running a more effective propaganda platform using US assets (Twitter, Facebook, Google+ (lol)) and their own RT than they themselves could… (Even though the US has been using those same methods in other countries over the years themselves…)

Wasn’t FOX the masters of Propaganda back in 2000/2004, what happened to those folks- surely they didn’t grow a conscience or worried about any aftermath?

you’d have to explain what confirmation bias is to them first. Good luck with that.

This wasn’t the confirmation bias I thought you were going for when I started reading this sentence.

I think that folks have started to realize that some frighteningly large portion of our country doesn’t have the ability to distinguish reality from fantasy anymore, as evident by the pizzagate story.

I think a substantial number of the people who support Trump really believe that anarchy is better than the existing government. I mean, everything that Trump is doing–his list of appointees, his attitude towards information, his lack of concern for pretty much all aspects of the actual job of being president–smacks of someone who truly believes that the government is just a scam, like the ones he runs in his business dealings. And so many people in this country have been convinced that the government is, not of the people or for the people or even by the people, but instead some sort of parasite on a putative state of nature where, I guess, everyone is fine. No one has read Hobbes, either, I suppose. But the way people hand wave away what in any other time or place would be considered gross malfeasance is astonishing.

I’m scared it’s already too late.

Eric chooses the worst possible format ever to write a book, but still.

Also
RIP America

Bolton going with the conspiracy theory route, knowing that it will virtually guarantee a position in Trump’s administration. Well played!

The same Carter Page who said this:

When Trump asks why nobody brought up Russia before election I can’t tell if hes gaslighting us or if he has dementia.

Before jumping to conclusions, read this Intercept article about accepting the anonymous CIA story as fact.

There is still no such evidence for any of these claims. What we have
instead are assertions, disseminated by anonymous people, completely
unaccompanied by any evidence, let alone proof. As a result, none of the
purported evidence — still — can be publicly seen, reviewed,
or discussed. Anonymous claims leaked to newspapers about what the CIA
believes do not constitute proof, and certainly do not constitute
reliable evidence that substitutes for actual evidence that can be
reviewed. Have we really not learned this lesson yet?

Yes, transparency is key here. Allegations, no matter how much we want to believe them, are worthless without evidence. I’m curious to see how this plays out and what sort of infighting we’ll see between the CIA and FBI.

In related news:

This is true, and while hacking is certainly stepping up the seriousness of accusation, the fact that Russian intelligence orchestrated ops to try and cast doubt and create distrust this election is inarguable.

Their role in the Wikileaks crap is pretty serious on its own. Various Russian sponsored groups of Putinbots also were directed at various forms of social media to loudly pump Trump and meme about Killary.

It’s pretty galling. So while skepticism may be needed for the most aggressive of the claims, the notion that Russia was attempting to influence the election is pretty well a settled matter IMO.

Dear Lord is Bolton an ignoramous