Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

I love that Trump’s lawyers are saying, “You need to give us back those emails!”

Dude, that’s not how emails work.

I mean, Mueller should just give them back a copy and say, “There ya go!”

All part of the same campaign to prevent Clinton from winning, I’d say - at least insofar as it would be the best strategy to attack and support opponents on both the Left and the Right effort.

Absolutely. Stein was an easy way to peel votes from Clinton.

Stamped Benghazi!

Remember that Christie put his father in prison and got pushed out of the Trump administration for that. This has potential to become a catfight better than you’ll ever see on the Real Housewives.

Isn’t it funny how Hillary’s emails had no issues yet Trump’s emails are so innocuous that they want them back? Hey guys, if you did no wrong why the hubbub?

You can’t do that to our candidate, only we can do that to your candidate! (Paraphrasing otter )

But the fact that Page was speaking to me at all was evidence of how he differs from his castmates in the Trump-Russia soap opera. While others have lawyered up and disappeared behind a scrim of crisis-communications consultants and attorneys, Page has chosen to wage his battle almost entirely on his own, in the public spotlight. Manafort tugging on his car’s sun visor to shield his face from reporters or Flynn walking stone-faced and tight-lipped into a federal courthouse might be the iconic images of the Trump-Russia scandal. But the most ubiquitous one is of Page’s shorn head — his eyes bugged out and an almost blissful smile plastered across his face — bobbling above a TV news chyron on one of the numerous network and cable shows he has frequented. “I genuinely hope, Carter, that you are innocent of everything, because you are doing a lot of talking,” an incredulous Chris Hayes told Page when he appeared on Hayes’s MSNBC show in October. “It’s either admirably bold or reckless.” As Page conceded to me: “Admittedly, I go beyond the level of transparency and cooperativeness any sane lawyer would advise.”

This approach has made Page a cult figure of sorts to those who are closely tracking the ins and outs of the various Russia investigations. His TV appearances typically produce surreal sound bites, like the time he told Anderson Cooper that they once frequented the same gym. (“I remember walking by you even though we didn’t know each other, and I said, ‘Hi, Anderson.’ ”) He pens verbose letters to various investigators, including one to the Justice Department claiming “hate crimes” against him during the 2016 campaign. (“The actions by the Clinton regime and their associates may be among the most extreme examples of human rights violations observed during any election in U.S. history since Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. was similarly targeted for his antiwar views in the 1960s.”)

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/19/politics/donald-trump-jr-russia/index.html

Trump Jr. asked those before him to “imagine what would happen if we rolled back the clock to 2008” and a politically compromised group of FBI officials sought to undermine a potential Obama presidency.

Hmmm. Imagine if there had been something like…

Catching Republicans being hypocrites is like catching snowflakes on your tongue in a blizzard.

Easy but still fun!

President Trump’s presidential transition team is unlikely to receive any awards for transparency. But it may receive applause from some in security circles for its endorsement of Signal, a privacy-focused messaging app that is widely considered to be best in breed.

As Gizmodo reports, internal documents show the transition team sought to arrange for Michael Flynn, an important figure during the early part of the Trump Administration who is now under indictment, to use Signal, which offers untraceable self-destructing messaging features.

The White House turned over records this fall to special counsel Robert Mueller revealing that in the very first days of the Trump presidency, Don McGahn researched federal law dealing both with lying to federal investigators and with violations of the Logan Act, a centuries-old federal law that prohibits private citizens from negotiating with foreign governments, according to three people with direct knowledge of the confidential government documents.

The records reflected concerns that McGahn, the White House counsel, had that Michael Flynn, then the president’s national security advisor, had possibly violated either one or both laws at the time, according to two of the sources. The disclosure that these records exist and that they are in the possession of the special counsel could bolster any potential obstruction of justice case against President Donald Trump.

The records that McGahn turned over to the special counsel, portions of which were read to this reporter, indicate he researched both statutes and warned Trump about Flynn’s possible violations.

It’s inevitable if you open your mouth?

Yes, as a person who works in security software, I can tell you for sure that the best way to keep your messages secret is to route them through a third-party, online service run by a private company that uses closed-source software.

(Edit: they claim to be open-source, but can you verify that the code running on their server is the code they publish?)

Nothing to see here. Fox news no less. Ignore.

Why would the Democratic funding of the Trump dossier be a thing that anyone cares about?

I’m being straight up serious here. Why is this a thing that matters?