Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Right? He’s (theoretically) known about these “treasonous” and “unpatriotic” meetings for over a year and isn’t saying a word until he has a book to sell over a year later? That says a lot (that we already knew) about Bannon and how far we should trust his word.

I suppose I should rephrase that. It’s evidence of Bannon’s animus against the Kushner wing of the campaign/White House. But that’s not exactly news.

Wait, isn’t the obvious answer that this is just move number blue by Bannon where bishop takes Zug on the meridiani planum of this 7D chessboard?

I don’t think it’s coordinated 7-D chess when you go after someone’s kid. Even for a narcissist like Trump, that has to be a pretty big deal.

Though, I suppose it’s possible he doesn’t care about any of his kids except Ivanka. He could be that broken.

Oh shit, it’s so on.

Jesus, can’t these guys get a Usenet thread or something?

if they had dumbed that down just a little more, you could almost believe Ttump wrote it. They are getting better.

Well, hard to argue, Bannon is a nightmare. Boy, wouldn’t somebody look foolish if they created a top-level job (“Chief Strategist”) for this guy and employed him for seven months.

Nah man, just a staffer with the very rare one-on-one.

One thing that’s interesting in that statement from the White House: a lack of denials or rebuttals for Bannon’s assertions in Wolff’s book.

Seems like that would be low-hanging fruit here. Maybe just an omission.

You forgot “and added him to the National Security Council”

Yeah, that would be really embarrassing!

Trump will fall this year, or there will be a thermonuclear exchange. Or both. I see no other likely outcomes.

This is from Mitch McConnell’s official twitter account…

Jesus Christ, man. These are the folks in charge.

We are only three days into 2018, and my goodness.

2018 coming in hot!

Wait.
You aren’t allowed to sue federal agents for actions taken in performance of their duties, can you?

I thought there was actually a specific court ruling prohibiting this. You can sue state agents, but only because Congress specifically passed a law saying that you could.

So on Left Right and Center someone, Megan McCardle I think, was talking about how ‘we need to remember that politics isn’t everything, we shouldn’t spend all our time obsessing over the government, etc.’ I wanted to scream at her that the reason you can normally ignore politics sometimes is because we have a more or less stable and more or less high-functioning system. Being able to shrug and say ‘ah, it’s just beltway drama’ is actually an enormous luxury.

All that said, I’m hardly looking forward to another year of seeing this douchebag’s face on every newspaper cover. Because that’s what he is, at the end of the day. Just a big douchebag.

Seriously 2018. You’re going to use every plot line in the first three days?!?