Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

https://twitter.com/johnson_carrie/status/948648536853352449

Apparently frivolous, but allowed?

Well, just that anyone can sue anyone for anything. Frivolous lawsuits are common and get thrown out quickly, as this will.

Edit: I assume this means more indictments are forthcoming. I don’t think a guy who got off as (seemingly) light as Manafort would tip the boat over like this.

Does this mean he is no longer cooperating? :)

Well, filing it is allowed… but I’m pretty sure that it’ll be thrown out.
I forget the precedent, but I seem to recall hearing about this very recently (as in the last week) about how you can’t sue federal employees like that.

I’m too lazy to try hard to find it though.

Most lawyers wont file a suit like that. Courts tend to get annoyed by that shit.

“Justice” presumably means DOJ, who are being sued. They can say it’s frivolous and so can we, but it’s not officially frivolous until a judge says it.

I don’t get it (am only seeing a picture of McConnell at a desk with some unclear responses). What’s the significance?

That he presumably meant to actually give some message, but fucked it up.

I thought that creepy smirk was the message. For Bannon.

Yeah, that was the best I had when I watched it.

The self-satisfied smile as Bannon and Trump go after one another.

“These are the jokes…”

Watching the far right scramble to say how terrible Steve bannon is… is amazing.

Tell you what, Bannon has set himself up for a big book deal if wants to grab it. Some publisher would pay a lot for a book of Trump dirt.

So, everyone in the campaign signed an agreement not to make disparaging remarks about Trump and his family. I wonder if something like that has ever been challenged in court.

I like how they’re saying it’s all lies and slander and he also violated his NDA.

Par for the course. It’s leakers breaking the law by releasing classified information! Except it’s all lies! But it’s classified so they should go to jail!

This bit from the article doesn’t look good for Sessions if true:

“Two days after Mr. Comey’s testimony, an aide to Mr. Sessions approached a Capitol Hill staff member asking whether the staffer had any derogatory information about the F.B.I. director. The attorney general wanted one negative article a day in the news media about Mr. Comey, according to a person with knowledge of the meeting.”

“The New York Times has also learned that four days before Mr. Comey was fired, one of Mr. Sessions’s aides asked a congressional staff member whether he had damaging information about Mr. Comey, part of an apparent effort to undermine the F.B.I. director. It was not clear whether Mr. Mueller’s investigators knew about this incident.”

Seeya in jail, Jeff, you scumbag.