Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Goddamn. Fucking with his pension? That’s some petty shit right there.

Just shows you what we’re dealing with here. Give them more power and they will be disappearing people. These are some real bastards.

It’s not “the right thing” that he necessarily wants, it’s the “right thing for him and folks like him”, which sometimes dovetails with what’s right for the rest of us here.

Look at what Putin has done to Russian Industry - he and his cronies own just about everything. The same thing would happen to Exxon and other US Corporations.

Oh, and Putin kills those who don’t toe the line.

I’d like to hear the reasoning from the FBI’s Office of Professional Responsibility for their recommendation. With the President’s public attacks on him I think he could probably have a decent legal case to fight it.

True, but maybe he wants to just go sit on a fishing boat in Florida and do his thing. Messing with him days before his retirement/pension would be the biggest possible dick move short of just throwing him in jail.

Which is exactly why Trumpists will love it.

He’s not really the issue himself. The purpose is to act as a warning to every other executive branch employee.

I think it’s a loyalty test for Sessions.

Firing a man who has served for over 20 years, literally days before he retires, just to deny him his pension, is one of the most classless things you can do.

It speaks volumes of the Trump administration, and the GOP enablers who support such an act.

Immoral filth.

Imagine how that will look to the rank-and-file at the FBI.

The recommendation is coming from the FBI though. So unless Wray ordered them to make that recommendation, it seems like they are just doing their jobs. Of course Trump will run with this like crazy even though it amounts to them fucking with Clinton before the election.

lol ooops got me, damn you Onion.

Lol, another one bites the dust

The Onion* claims another unsuspecting victim!

*or reality approximating the Onion.

I am keeping my head down April 1st. I dont think I am equipped to handle it any more :)

Night of the Long Knives incoming?

Including this little tidbit:

Perhaps most consequential for Robert Mueller’s investigation, sources said Trump has discussed a plan to fire Attorney General Jeff Sessions. According to two Republicans in regular contact with the White House, there have been talks that Trump could replace Sessions with E.P.A. Administrator Scott Pruitt, who would not be recused from overseeing the Russia probe.

If the inspector general’s report shows he did real bad stuff, then I may be convinced otherwise, but this smells like just trying to hurt him for petty reasons.

The guy, by all accounts, served honorably for over two decades.

The idea of firing someone literally days before their retirement is just a totally sleazy thing. I know folks that happened to. It’s bullshit.

Let’s not forget that there is considerable division within the rank-and-file of the FBI, with some of them vehemently anti-Hillary. The action could be politically motivated without coming from the top.

This is what I was thinking. If I recall correctly, didn’t folks do a breakdown of how McCabe handled his wife’s candidacy when this issue first came up and determined that he did everything by the book?

Interesting stance.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/14/politics/nikki-haley-russia-spy-poisoning/index.html

“The United States believes that Russia is responsible for the attack on two people in the United Kingdom using a military-grade nerve agent,” Haley said in her remarks at a UN Security Council emergency session, blasting the Russian government for flouting international law.
[…]
“If we don’t take immediate concrete measures to address this now, Salisbury will not be the last place we see chemical weapons used,” said Haley. “They could be used here in New York or in cities of any country that sits on this council.”
[…]
“Time and time again, members states say they oppose the use of chemical weapons under any circumstance,” said Haley. “Now one member stands accused of using chemical weapons on the sovereign soil of another member. The credibility of this council will not survive if we fail to hold Russia accountable.”