Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Did the president* twit out the name of her replacement yet?

I am confused. That seems , sane, normal and the right response.

Trump must have missed her before now. I am sure she will be for the axe soon enough.

Apparently Sessions is supposed to fire McCabe because he (McCabe) leaked information to the media about Clinton. In MAGA world this is somehow proof that the FBI (deep state!) was colluding with Democrats to destroy trump.

In 2016, McCabe evidently authorized a top aide and the FBI’s chief spokesman to speak with a Wall Street Journal reporter for a story indicating that McCabe battled with Obama appointees within the Justice Department to allow an FBI investigation into the Clinton Foundation to continue. The FBI isn’t supposed to disclose information about ongoing criminal investigations, but the Oct. 30, 2016, story went into an extraordinary level of detail about turf wars between the FBI and the Justice Department over the handling of the Clinton Foundation probe.

So WTF will actually happen (if anything) if Trump fires Sessions, then gets some new toady AG to fire Mueller? I’m seriously starting to wonder if we’re seeing the last couple of years of the republic.

I imagine McConnell and Ryan will go along with it, declaring that the investigation was obviously just a witch hunt. There might be a few Republicans in the Senate and House that object but no one will do anything about it.

Like!

Right. There will be some Republicans who find it “very disturbing” and “troubling” but then they will move on to the important stuff, such as how to help the wealthy elite accumulate even more wealth and power.

And suddenly, here’s BuzzFeed to flip the table!

tldr - Cohen filed a libel suit against BuzzFeed for the original Steele dossier publication. BuzzFeed in turn asks Stormy Daniels lawyers to preserve all documents she got from Cohen because they might be pertinent to their defense. This would include any NDA docs and payments Cohen exchanged with Stormy.

If Daniels’ testimony is formally demanded in a deposition, the nondisclosure agreement would likely be no obstacle, legal experts

It could be an "I am Robert Mueller. " moment.

Firing Mueller does not end the investigation. Particularly if state attorney generals pick up where he left off.

It would also make impeachment far more likely if Democrats retake the House. And probably make impeachment a campaign issue in November.

I agree. Despite the rumblings, I suspect Mueller won’t get fired as people will stay Trump’s hand. Perhaps his budget will get curtailed, but that’s the likely extent of action against him in my mind.

How does that fit the narrative?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/trump-administration-sanctions-russian-spies-trolls-over-us-election-interference-cyber-attacks/2018/03/15/3eaae186-284c-11e8-b79d-f3d931db7f68_story.html

It took this long for Trump to find out from Putin which sanctions he was allowed to implement? Why aren’t they using the back channels to do this more quickly? Looks suspicious when they wait this long.

Hi.

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/974342364826398722

Tweet was deleted. Summary?

What Woolen_Horde posted.

First known time that Mueller has subpoenaed Trump Org documents, and in the Times article, some of that documentation is related to Russia.

Oh, and about those sanctions…

They’re NOT the sanctions voted on by congress to enact. These sanctions today are safe, slaps on the wrist, with a number of them levied against individuals named in the Mueller indictment last month. It’s a way to say “Look, we’re doing something!” without doing anything, but giving the brownshirt Trumpians something to blather about online.

My first thought when I heard sanctions had been announced was, “what’s going on that we haven’t heard about?”. R maybe this is about making firing Mueller look less conspicuous (not really)