Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

The problem is Nix is such a liar it’s impossible to know how much of this he’s making up because its what he thinks the “client” wants to hear.

But clearly CA’s business model is “do dodgy shit in elections” and I hope they get nailed for it.

The tease for Tuesday is interesting, to say the least…

He said: “… we just put information into the bloodstream of the internet, and then, and then watch it grow, give it a little push every now and again… like a remote control. It has to happen without anyone thinking, ‘that’s propaganda’, because the moment you think ‘that’s propaganda’, the next question is, ‘who’s put that out?’.”…

…In the meetings, the executives boasted that Cambridge Analytica and its parent company Strategic Communications Laboratories (SCL) had worked in more than two hundred elections across the world, including Nigeria, Kenya, the Czech Republic, India and Argentina.

The company is at the centre of a scandal over its role in the harvesting of more than 50 million Facebook profiles…

…This report is Part Two of a Channel 4 News series, ‘Data, Democracy and Dirty Tricks’, investigating Cambridge Analytica.

Part Three, on the company’s work in the United States, will be broadcast at 7pm tomorrow (Tuesday, 20 March 2018). You can watch Part One here.

They receive a whole lot of (justified) criticism, but thank god for the Fourth Estate. You can’t have a functioning democracy without one.

Since I’m not from the UK, it took me awhile to figure out what “Channel 4” is. Business Insider should have that in the article. This is a global Internet ya know.

The problem is Nix is such a liar it’s impossible to know how much of this he’s making up because its what he thinks the “client” wants to hear.

“Honestly officer, we were only planning that bank robbery to see if the other guys would do it.” That’s literally the CA response. They were just testing to make sure their clients were honorable and refused. LOL.

“But boss, noone is going to believe that!”

“Noone believes Putin either, and he’s my hero!”

See this is why I’m confused how a show like To Catch a Predator could exist for such a long period. The perps were obviously just testing the hypothetical kids to see if they were willing to engage in illegal activity as an ethical test.

Facebook’s chief information security officer, Alex Stamps, is leaving the company.

Not true: https://twitter.com/alexstamos/status/975875310896914433

FAKE NEWS

Actually, Word on the street is he has been transitioning to leave in August.

UK court judgment on a side issue around the Steele dossier.

Is there a summary anywhere?

In regards to Republicans refusing to attach a rider to the omnibus spending bill to protect Mueller from trump (spoiler/not spoiler: GOP won’t do a thing if/when trump gets rid of Mueller.)

Mom: And if your friends jumped off a cliff, would you do that too?

Republicans: Absolutely.

I think just about everyone agrees to this left or right, its just that each side thinks that the other is unethical and worse than their own side. Clinton and Soros are the evil incarnate, for the liberals its the Trump admin and Fox news.

What’s making it a constitutional crisis, is that each side is vilifying the other and believes the other side is truly evil! There is no attempt or even desire to build consensus. I’ll agree Fox news started this with the ‘speak to the hand’ about consensus building, but everyone is wallowing in that mindset now. NO ONE Is taking the high road and reaching across the isle, talk, listen, and try to understand the intent of the other side and saying lets figure out how to build a common framework to base our facts on.

The truth is as Lincoln and the bible say, a house divided cannot stand. I’ll agree, its tough to build a consensus with a President who is all over the map with recommendations and policy on any given day…it’s insane…but I feel that’s more a symptom or a reflection of America’s current culture…than the cause…

The unfortunate problem is that, when only one side operates in good faith, then it massively favors the other side. Classic prisoners dilemma situation. So when you go in knowing the other side is not operating in good faith, the only reasonable action is to not work with them.

Basically the acceleration of the Hastert rule, the rabid nonsense of the Tea Party, and the general party over country of the GOP mean that trying to consensus build and work with Republicans means you will inevitably lose everything to them, in time. Ergo the only logical action for Dems to take is strict opposition to any and all GOP actions.

I don’t want to talk to shitbags that think Nazis are OK, Putin is a cool guy, the ultra rich should get tax breaks, immigrants are all terrorists, and gays shouldn’t be allowed to have basic human rights. Also those that vote for a President that’s extremely familiar with sexual assault, etc, etc. Fuck them.

Compromise works a lot better when starting positions, are, say, “Climate change is real and we need to massively subvert every element of human existence globally immediately lest we all perish in flames” and “Climate change is real and we need to dedicate serious resources to remedying it, but must be understanding of the time and effort accomplishing all goals will take, realistically.”

Instead, we get “Climate change is real and maybe people should use less plastic straws or something? Gosh, we don’t know, this is really scary” and “GOD MADE THE EARTH A PERFECT HOME FOR HUMANITY CLIMATE CHANGE IS A CHINESE GAYMYTH OF LIE NEWS DRILL BABY DRILL”

I get it, we’ve degraded too much…and this is why the identity and our actual nation will very likely implode in a very ugly way…but as I said it more a symptom or a reflection of America’s current culture than what people actually believe. Everyone is taking sides on who they think has their back on a emotional level, there is a fear growing since the almost depression in 2008 and its getting worse not better…