Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

They didn’t subpoena anyone, and they didn’t even talk to any of the folks who have actually been indicted thus far.

It’s often said that Trump acts like the guiltiest person imaginable.

But so does the entire GOP leadership; They all act like somebody has something on them, something much bigger than “Donnie will tweet mean things about me and upset some of my base.”

I think that it’s more likely that the Russians have kompromat on them, since we already know they have most of their emails.

Yup, but the question is, what kind of kompromat is it that takes out, not just some or most of the GOP leadership, but every single one of them?

(The answer is actually pretty easy: if Putin has been funding the entire GOP, either through the RNC or a major donor or the NRA. Not everybody has a dead girl or live boy in their closet, not even Republicans. But everybody takes campaign contributions.)

Don’t think it has to be all of them, since most will blindly follow whatever the ones at the top do.

They’re Reek. The GOP is mostly Reek.

Yeah, a lot of them just have no ethics or morals. They are just doing what they think maximizes their chances of being elected.

I think this might be what I was talking about in the Wisdom and Aphorisims thread – Trump desperate snd clearly guilty ranting on Twitter this weekend might be scaring Republicans off a bit. They see the ship starting to go down and are thinking this might be a good point to scurry out on the mooring lines.

The problem with “Donnie fires Sessions” is and always has been that Sessions is a) smarter than Trump - tho’ this is not saying much - b) knows a whole lot more about law and how DC operates than Trump, and, most importantly, c) almost surely has enough dirt on Trump to put him away for the rest of his life. Not only does Sessions have details on a lot of the illegal Trump stuff we know about (Comey firing, outreach to Putin, etc); he also probably knows details on 4,372 other illegal things Trump has done that we have no clue even happened.

If Trump just pushes Sessions off a cliff, Sessions will turn on him. Trump has to give Sessions something that he wants to convince Jeff to leave quietly. But here’s the thing - Sessions already has his dream job, There’s really nothing the demented little elf would rather do than be AG and make life hell for potheads and brown people.

The only thing Trump has that Sessions wants is a pardon. Thing is, if Trump gives Session a pardon now, that actually frees up Session to rat out Trump at any time without fear of retribution. So all Trump can do to keep Sessions in line is hold out the possibility of a pardon, but not actually give it until the last possible moment.

Of course, Trump could also butter up Sessions and charm him into feeling that he’s a valued, important friend and ally, and that they’d be stronger together instead of constantly feuding …

Naaaaah, just kidding. These guys are gonna backstab each other sooner or later. It’s just a question of when.

When I said that that the sun rises in the east, I really meant the west, and I don’t really mean the sun. I mean something else. I’m not sure what, but something else. Anyway, I didn’t say there is a sun, I just mean I see no evidence of a sun.

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-talk-shows/379005-house-intel-republican-panel-did-not-investigate-collusion

“Our committee was not charged with answering the collusion idea,” Conaway said on NBC’s “Meet The Press.” “So we really weren’t focused on that direction.”

A spokeswoman for Conaway [later] said he “meant obstruction” rather than collusion…

When asked if he regrets that the committee attempted to draw a conclusion on whether the Russians colluded with the Trump campaign, Conaway denied that the committee drew a conclusion at all.

“What we said is we found no evidence of it,” he said. “That’s a different statement. We found no evidence of collusion.”

"“It depends upon what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.”

It was bullshit then and it’s bullshit now.

The other thing that I’ve said from the beginning is that the Republicans want to get rid of Trump but don’t want to get their hands dirty doing it. They are thrilled to have Mueller do their job for them. They get to have their cake and eat it to. They can back him and avoid alienating his base as long as it’s tenable and the second Mueller drops the dirt they can suddenly discover those higher morals and love of country that they used to cover their attacks on Democrats for transgressions real and perceived. Then they will all pretend that they’ve never been partisan, tribal enablers of a man doing unconscionable harm to our country and half the fucking electorate will buy it and forgive all of the bullshit of the last year and a half and say, “No, they voted to impeach him.” And the next time they want to obstruct a Democrat for saluting with a latte in his or her hand, they will pretend that they have always been upstanding defenders of What’s Best For The Country.

'All fucking horseshit but I think they will turn on him in the end. It’s what they’ve always wanted and have been too cowardly to do themselves.

He’s my guy!

I wish the tweet made this explicit, but apparently that’s THE CEO talking about this?

Yup, the 'ole “we were just testing you” line. Works every time!

Full Video:

Someone needs to tell Business Insider that “refutes” is not actually a perfect synonym for “denies.” (You can deny that the sun rises it the east, but you won’t have succeeded in refuting it.)