Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Fredos all the way down.

When you’re dumb, you’re dumb.

Regardless of whether he was in Prague or not why does a lawyer not realize he should just stfu in a public forum?

Because he’s a terrible lawyer.
Also, on a related note, fredo’s layers tried to say that the feds shouldn’t even be able to look at the stuff they sized because it would violate the confidentiality of all of his clients.

But then when the judge asked him who his clients were, his lawyers couldn’t answer.

The judge was unimpressed.

Cohen went to the worst law school in the country and got a 2.0 GPA there.

He’s a “lawyer” in the same way that Trump is “president.”

A lawyer who makes audio recordings of his conversations probably isn’t someone you want representing you, right?

Great read.

Can only hope that’s an accurate analysis of the coming months.

Even if this may be the beginning of the end, the end is going to take a long time to end.

It was just what I said. I have little sympathy for law enforcement officials who commit crimes they put others in jail for. McCabe lied under oath repeatedly. He belongs in jail.

And what about a President that lies to this country daily and a GOP that is funded by Russian money?

Two things protect Trump:

1. not under oath, so he can lie as much as he wants, of course
  2. he totally crosses his fingers anyway

Lack of candor, which is what the IG report specifically states, is not lying.

The report also shows the FBI was leaking to the press to intentionally damage Hillary’s campaign, but people like you don’t seem concerned about that.

Yeah, this is an important point, one which is intentionally misrepresented by the sources feeding malathor.

Further, the report itself was intentionally accelerated for purely political reasons and McCabe was never even given a chance to defend himself.

Additionally, one would think that for someone who thought people who lie under oath to Congress should go to prison, the fact that Jeff sessions clearly lied under oath during his confirmation hearing would matter. But I guess not. Until Trump fires him, at which point malathor will care and use it to retroactively justify it.

This is one of those two wrongs cause a royal F-up scenario IMO. As I’ve talked about in other threads, in the wake of the Clinton impeachment, the George W Bush deception on Iraq and Trump’s perpetual prevarication, a lot of people focus on a very narrow definition of “lying” based on the legal definition of perjury, direct and knowing false statements (perjury also requires the lies be under oath). However, IMO, the bigger issue is “deception” which includes not just direct and knowing false statements but also false implications, deception by omission, creating a false impressions, etc. The Statute applicable to McCabe is not “perjury” which is very narrow but “lack of candor” which includes the various forms of deception that I see as problematic. So my point of view is that McCabe did deceive the DoJ, and he did it under oath, and he’s a high official in the FBI, so that’s a serious problem for him. Should he have been fired? I’m sure this is not the first time a high official has deceived the DoJ, so my view is that McCabe should have received the normal punishment based on the federal civil service precedents (I don’t know what that is, could be anything from a serious warning to termination with loss of pension, is my understanding.)

But on the other hand, even if McCabe’s offense was worthy of termination and loss of pension under the federal precedents, the way the investigation was accelerated, the way the investigation was presented, and the timing of the termination were all biased by malicious intent from Trump et al. On top of that, there was a huge amount of other deception, leaking, political manipulation and other problems inside the FBI including the gross misbehavior of pro-Trump agents in the FBI field office, Jeff Session’s blatant deception of Congress and Trump’s many instances of obstruction of justice or attempted obstruction of justice. And no one else in the FBI has been punished and Trump et. al. are all claiming to be innocent as the driven snow.

it’s a mess in principal but as with almost everything negative involving the current GOP, the scale is all out of whack. McCabe did wrong, but Trump et al. did wrong X 100 or more.

So I’m not going to crusade for McCabe (unless there is evidence under the federal precedents that his termination was out of line with normal punishment for those offenses). However, the big picture is that the individual conduct of McCabe is far less important than the massive, ongoing, national/global level of Trumpian malfeasance.

So, sure, punish McCabe appropriately. But that does not make what Trump, his administration and his supporters have done right. Also, when you look at the relative scale, McCabe is a molehile, Trump is the mountain.

Isn’t the whole “lack of candor” issue based pretty much solely on differences between McCabe and Comey’s recollection of events? So the only way to justify action against McCabe is to position “Lyin’ Comey” as the gold standard of truth?

LOL. “Sources feeding Malathor”. Only source is the IG report. First: “Lack of candor” includes lying.

"The Offense Codes Applicable to the FBI’s Internal Disciplinary Process
punish FBI employees for “lack of candor.” Offense Code 2.5 (Lack of Candor – No
Oath) prohibits “[k]nowingly providing false information when making a verbal or
written statement, not under oath, to a supervisor, another Bureau employee in an
authoritative position, or another governmental agency, when the employee is
questioned about his conduct or the conduct of another person.” Offense Code 2.6
(Lack of Candor – Under Oath) prohibits “[k]nowingly providing false information in
a verbal or written statement made under oath.”

Secondly, the IG found that he lied, straight up, on three separate occasions under oath. Note the words “falsely told” and “falsely testified”.

“We concluded that McCabe lacked candor during an INSD interview under
oath on May 9, 2017, when he falsely told the agents that he had not authorized
the disclosure to the WSJ and did not know who did.”

“For these reasons, we concluded that McCabe violated FBI Offense Code 2.6
(Lack of Candor – Under Oath) when he falsely told the OIG on July 28, 2017, that:
(a) he was not aware of Special Counsel being authorized to talk to reporters and
(b) he did not know what Special Counsel was doing at the relevant time because
he was out of town.”

“As such, we concluded that McCabe’s testimony to the OIG lacked candor
and violated FBI Offense Code 2.6 (Lack of Candor- Under Oath) when he falsely
testified on November 29, 2017, that: (a) he told Comey on October 31, 2016,
that he (McCabe) had authorized the disclosure to the WSJ and that Comey agreed
it was a “good” idea; (b) he did not deny to the INSD agents on May 9 that he had
authorized the disclosure to the WSJ; and © the May 9 INSD interview occurred at
the end of an unrelated meeting when one of the INSD agents pulled him aside and
asked him one or two questions about the October 30 article.”

It was just what I said. He lied, under oath, repeatedly.

Yeah, McCabe leaked, which he had the authority to do, but then he initially did the bureacratic CYA thing of denying that he was the leaker, under oath, three times, until finally he “remembered” the truth and corrected his testimony. That’s clearly deceptive and he did violate that federal statute for “lack of candor”. However, like I said, I want to know what the normal punishment is for that. With the size of our government, this cannot be the first time this has happened. Has everyone who lied or deceived an internal government investigation been fired?