Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Because they want more leaks/access.

Same reason they’re so quick to defend Sanders and the like.

Like I said. You risk losing your Maggie Haberman stenographer hat if you actually do reporting.

Not a joke, Trump is the (pee) leaker: http://thehill.com/homenews/news/385602-muellers-former-assistant-says-grammatical-errors-prove-leaked-questions-came

Makes perfect sense. He used to call up reporters and pretend he was someone else. He has a long history of trying to manipulate the press.

I entirely believe it came from the White House. In fact it is obvious it did, who else stands to gain from leaking it? Certainly not Mueller who has been acting with restrained dignity.

Translation: Stop calling me at 3 am, Donnie,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/mueller-raised-possibility-of-presidential-subpoena-in-meeting-with-trumps-legal-team/2018/05/01/2bdec08e-4d51-11e8-af46-b1d6dc0d9bfe_story.html?utm_term=.bfffe45c296c

So now we know for certain why Shithole released the questions (although Human Ton pretty much covered it upthread)

The president and several advisers now plan to point to the list as evidence that Mueller has strayed beyond his mandate and is overreaching, they said.

“He wants to hammer that,” according to a person who spoke to Trump on Monday.

Trump advisers are particularly frustrated by the Mueller team’s focus on whether Trump was obstructing justice by trying to push last summer for Sessions to resign. If the attorney general had stepped down, Trump could have chosen a replacement who was not recused from running the Russia investigation.

And here’s the rub:

Should Mueller seek to compel Trump’s testimony using a subpoena, a legal battle could ensue that could delay the investigation and force the issue into the courts, potentially to the Supreme Court.

Given the recent SCOTUS reaction to the Muslim ban (call it for what it is), I don’t have much confidence that the conservative partisan judges won’t let trump off the hook; probaby moot anyway because should there be a subpeona, trump will invoke the Fifth and it’ll be up to Congress to exercise their constitutional responsiblity, and we know how that will go down even if Republicans don’t retain control. (House impeaches, Senate acquits, else nada.)

The lesson learned is that the rule of law simply doesn’t matter if a political party and its leaders don’t care. Laws and corruption can and will be ignored with impunity. It’ll then be left up to the elections and the American voter. Given media obsequiousness to the Republican party (“my heart breaks for Sarah Sanders and her family” - actual quote from a ‘liberal’ media personality) and voter apathy and/or intense self interest (oh look stock market!) … well, as of today it’s not looking good.

Poor Sarah Sanders and her horrible family.

She married into Bernie’s family? Are they related?

That quote was taken out of context. It clearly refers to Ivanka.

Ew. 45

Trump is liar-in-chief and also briber-in-chief.

Really interesting read, thanks.

I’m expecting Trump’s defense team to have IANAL as part of their official name.

Pay for play. Everything they accused Hillary of they are guilty of.

How can Guiliani act as a lawyer in this when he should be a target of the investigation or at least a witness himself?

Rudy really is working on bringing the investigation to a close quickly.

Sanders announced the Flood hire for realz, so it looks like he’s actually decided to get on board as long as the checks clear. (Which, since he’s defending the office of the Presidency in its official capacity and not Trump personally, they probably will.)

I’m sure the betting one when he’ll quit/be fired has already commenced.