Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

I’m not even sure the president* dissolving Congress would get a rise out of Congress. They’d all still have jobs as sycophants on the wingnut Wurlitzer and/or in the private sector.

As long as the horse promised to vote for tax cuts for the rich, its in!

And somehow, this guy is still today a deputy finance chair for the national GOP.

No different from Killary’s Goldman Sachs speaking fees. Yawn.

– Gordon, right wing pundit in training

You forgot to somehow twist yourself into the kind of knot where Killary belongs in jail for accepting money, but Cohen is OK.

Dammit! Back to Pundit Training School.

I know it’s been said before, but that $400,000 bribe would have been a scandal that consumed Obama’s presidency.

For this asshole? It’s just another Wednesday.

I’m pretty sure that records will eventually show that Cohen passed along these millions of dollars in bribes to Trump Corp accounts (minus his fees). And it still won’t matter.

True enough, but the real culprits are in congress. Any competent/ honest congress would have had this obvious criminal lout out of office or in prison by now.

Because we’re roleplaying Idiocracy:

I can attest to that. I was having a conversation with a coworker where he mentioned that the reason the Mueller investigation needs to be wrapped up is that “it’s been a year and he’s yet to uncover anything”. I was honestly dumbfounded and didn’t know what to say beyond a “you mean, other than all the indictments and guilty pleas made so far?”. His response was just a noncommittal shrug.

I really don’t know how to fix America at this point.

A certain watch who posts here sometimes has a workable solution.

The sad thing is, this guy is incredibly intelligent. One of the sharpest software engineers I’ve ever worked with. If he was a moron that could be eliminated with a deadly trap it’d be one thing. It’s the fact that he’s intelligent and not a raving lunatic yet STILL came out with that statement that depresses me.

How can you objectively think the Mueller investigation hasn’t turned up anything? If it were a subjective opinion on the seriousness of the crimes it would be one thing, but…

You may need to readapt your definition of “raving lunatic,” unfortunately. You’re surrounded by them. About 63 million of them, really.

And I’m not just being cutesy or unnecessarily dismissive. This is a group of tens of millions of people who literally reject reality and facts for an alternate world of their own imagining, full stop. That is a pretty fucking great definition of “crazy person.”

I’ve also been in the situation of being dumbfounded by an intelligent Trump supporter. It’s like we live in different universes. It’s hard to overstate the effect of a person’s media diet on their thinking.

Let me put up a few parameters, then. This is a guy I can have conversations with about the stupid and shitty things Trump does. He’s not fully in the Fox News bubble or anything, and he’s not afraid to call out Trump for a lot of what he does.

But that’s what concerns me. When even someone like him, not a hardcore Trumpist or Fox and Friends erotic fanfic author, offhandedly makes a remark that the Mueller investigation has yet to turn up anything… yeah, I just don’t know how this country is going to right the ship. Trumpists I’ve long ago written off, but not guys like this.

You must go forth and educate them, one by one. They have the intelligence to make it worth your while.

You might have to give up your day job, though.

I think it’d be easier if George Soros just bought out Fox News and changed the end goal of the propaganda machine.

I’m guessing that your coworker simply didn’t know, and is a person who is unable to admit ignorance in the moment.

I would point out to him, beyond what you did, that the only reason he thinks that is because Mueller runs a tight ship and nothing has leaked out of there. So no one knows what he has or has not uncovered.

BREAKING NEWS – a leak about what Mueller has uncovered