Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Huh. Not as bad as I’d thought.

Shoggoths, all the way down.

I mean, seriously: take the immigration issue. Now the position of the hardliners has gone from “we need to find and deport all ‘illegals’” (itself an utter pipe dream) to "we need to change the law and halve the yearly allowance of legal immigrants to the country.

Are you kidding me, guys? Unless you have a magic wand to wave that doubles our birth rate, we need to allow MORE legal immigrants into the country, not fewer. A lot more, particularly young ones.

News organizations really should split up the story about Kushner getting his clearance, and Mueller questioning him a second time. Putting them together will lead folks to believe that the former happened because of the latter.

Does that mean they let Trump’s lawyer sit in on a classified briefing? Or just that Nunes et al. couldn’t wait until they were out of the building to pass everything they learned on to the WH?

Which itself is weird, because the President can simply ask the DoJ for any of this information - so all of this political theater is just for that purpose.

Was he shrugging because he thinks the only end game is with Trump being guilty of all of it?

I will say this, I’m an admitted news junkie. I listen to it daily for at least 30 minutes, sometimes up to an hour (while commuting.) There is so much going on it is sometimes hard to even keep up regarding the Trump White House, his administration, the Mueller investigation, the stuff going on around Stormy Daniels, the stuff coming out about Cohen, etc.

The shrug of an answer really sounds to me like someone that just doesn’t listen to ANY news.

It’s all about the GIGO!

The problem is, the media overall isn’t concentrating on any one thing. It all blends together into meaningless background noise for a low-curiosity person. (Doubly so if you’re a Fox news viewer, and accustomed to “news” being a constant background burble of things that sound extremely alarming but never actually turn out to be real or important.)

Paradoxically, picking on one thing and hammering away at it, even if it’s trivial or made up, is more effective at making a public impression than two dozen very real and very serious scandals.

“RussiaStormyDanielsPruittQuatarKushnerPay-to-PlayBroidyFlynnEmoulumentsCarsonNovartisPorterMissingInaugurationMoneySaudiaArabiaCDCDirectorZinkeUnsecurePhonesComeyZTENunesTaxReturnsVAUkraineManafort6665thAveObstructionOfJusticeCohenTaxpayerMoneyForGolfingDeVos” is just confusing.

But you know what’s easy to remember and sticks in the mind?

“EmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmailsEmails”

I’ve thought for a long time that Trump’s main defence is the sheer abundance and variety of his scandals.

Yes, as has been said before, it’s Three Stooges Syndrome.

I pay way more attention to this stuff than most, and I’m still bewildered by it all.

Roger surely just forgot about those emails. There are so many after all.

Man, if nothing else comes of this, seeing Roger Stone sweat out a pardon (or not) is gonna be fun.

Seeing him go to prison would be more fun.

I hope that there’s shit they’re saving for state-level charges so a pardon does jack for him.

Why not translate that into “CorruptionCorruptionCorruptionCorruptionCorruptionCorruptionCorruptionCorruptionCorruptionCorruptionCorruptionCorruption…”?

More trouble for Junior…

The FBI has obtained secret wiretaps collected by Spanish police of conversations involving Alexander Torshin, a deputy governor of Russia’s Central Bank who has forged close ties with U.S. lawmakers and the National Rifle Association, that led to a meeting with Donald Trump Jr. during the gun lobby’s annual convention in Louisville, Ky., in May 2016, a top Spanish prosecutor said Friday.

José Grinda, who has spearheaded investigations into Spanish organized crime, said that bureau officials in recent months requested and were provided transcripts of wiretapped conversations between Torshin and Alexander Romanov, a convicted Russian money launderer. On the wiretaps, Romanov refers to Torshin as “El Padrino,” the godfather.

“Just a few months ago, the wiretaps of these telephone conversations were given to the FBI,” Grinda said in response to a question from Yahoo News during a talk he gave at the Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington. Asked if he was concerned about Torshin’s meetings with Donald Trump Jr. and other American political figures, Grinda replied: “Mr. Trump’s son should be concerned.”

I’m gonna predict that Trump says this guy is just out to get him because of the wall, and since this guy speaks Spanish, Trump is going to think he’s Mexican.