Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

No idea, but a theory I only saw in passing after Friday’s indictment that it might have something to do with the Orthodox Church aligning with American ‘conservative’ Christians. I tried googling it but only came up with this so far

HOW ORTHODOX CHRISTIANITY BECAME THE SPIRITUAL HOME OF WHITE NATIONALISM

http://www.religiousrightwatch.com/orthodox-church/

#TreasonSummit is trending now.

It’s just locker room treason.

Here’s a link to the indictment. It’s mind blowing.

https://www.justice.gov/opa/press-release/file/1080766/download

For those debating if it’s bribery or blackmail motivating Trump, I’m sure both are there but ultimately his motivation is, as always, self-interest. His interests have aligned with Russians for decades. He’s been in bed with them for decades. The threat of blackmail may hover in the background as insurance but it’s hardly needed

Yes that Michael Steele

In term’s of Trump’s motivations for serving Putin, don’t ignore the power of psychology, in particular Trump’s ego. Trump decided long ago that Putin was a “good guy”, a “successful businessman”, and a “big time winner” (not coincidentally during the time frame when Russian money was keeping Trump’s businesses going). He probably considers Putin his “friend” or “buddy” rather than his master/manipulator, but that opinion is a demonstration of what a poor judge of character Trump is. Putin is clearly manipulating/controlling Trump, but Trump is such an egotistical idiot that he is able to either pretend or convince himself (the distinction doesn’t actually matter at this point) that Putin is such a great guy that working with Putin is a good thing. Plus it angers the libs so double win!

Well, it turns out it also angers Republicans and the entire U.S. national security apparatus. Trump-bots are out in force blaming Hillary and Obama (I have seen nearly the same wording to this effect on a few twitter posts and online forum posts) but everyone else is horrified. White House staff are busy removing all the queens of diamonds from the card decks in the building.

Nice.

Honestly Twitter should just shadow-ban anyone who uses Hillary or Obama in a tweet. Chances are they’re a Russian bot anyway.

Incredibly, the Trumptards are already out in force crowing about the “glorious victory” today’s disastrous summit brought them. They seem to be focused on something Putin claimed about $400 million being funneled to the Clinton campaign by associates of Bill Browder, but that claim is a total fabrication, easily proved by the fact that there was never a $400 million donation to either the Clinton Campaign nor the Clinton Foundation, nor were there multiple donations from sources connected to Browder and/or Russia that totaled these amounts. It’s literally Russian Bot Bullshit from the head Russian Bot himself.

But they believe it. 100%. Because just like their god-emperor, they’re more willing to believe Putin than their own intelligence community, military and journalists. Oh, and for good measure the other talking point seeing a lot of action is that “well of course Obama knew all about Russian election meddling and did nothing because he thought his good pal Hillary was going to win!”. So you know, even though there was no collusion, THANKS OBAMA for the collusion.

I saw that in the transcript and blew my cheerios all over my monitor. It’s such an obvious lie. I feel like Putin is just gloating that he gets away with that shit while Trump glowers and slavers like Igor standing next to him.

Seriously - blackmail, bribery, business interests, whatever you want to call it… it’s just a matter of semantics. Trump is completely and utterly compromised by the Russians. That has been fairly clear for a while now, and today’s summit just underlines that.

Trump couldn’t be a better lapdog for Putin if he tried. Well, he might perhaps have been more effective if he was a bit smarter (i.e., not constantly causing unnecessary scandals and controversies), but I’m not even sure about that - undermining the US presidency also helps Putin, so stupid Trump is also winning.

I guess the distinction in my mind is whether he is a willing or unwilling asset and my sense is he’s very willing

You mean the guy who basically singlehandedly put together the plan that allowed the GOP to take control of Congress, and then was kicked out and had folks say that the only reason he was made chairman was because he was black?