Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

I don’t think McGahn has to worry about getting another job. He’s pretty set. But yes… what an awful move.

This really needs to stop. Reason ∞ for Dem’s to win in November. (By the way, Ohr is responsible for indicting the Russian mob boss back in 2003.)

Thete was only one instance in which I felt completely and utterly fine after firing someone. That’s because we found out the person in question was stealing. Like, over $200k.

Hmmm. I don’t buy that Mueller wouldn’t indict someone between Labor Day and the election. I think he’ll indict when he’s ready and needs to, but an interesting hypothesis that tomorrow will be interesting…

I also expect the hung jury’s counts to be re-filed before then, and Manafort’s other trial is due to start soon.

Also, the NY AG might not be as circumspect either.

Eh, that headline greatly overstates Chuck Todd’s “warning” of a bombshell. Todd simply stating that he thinks Mueller will avoid anything major from Labor Day until Election day, and since tomorrow’s the last day before Labor Day…

Which, maybe. But I can see Mueller being the anti-Comey and going full dark until after election day from here on out.

That would be easy firing, the rest of the time it is damn hard. The way Trump fires people is really unbelievable.

Yeah that’s barely stealing one year of a Trump Hush Money fake job, so no big deal I guess.

Don’t miss work? Can I not read the news elsewhere?

He’s saying HE won’t miss work tomorrow… as otherwise he’d miss out delivering it. I don’t get it, myself. What’s the special thing about Labor Day?

Labor day is traditionally considered the start date of the main swing of election campaigns.

Mueller is expected by a lot of observers to keep an even tighter lid on things than he has already, to not be seen as trying to have his probe create campaign issues unnecessarily for either side to exploit.

Thus, as Chuck Todd explains, Friday is the last business day before that Labor Day-Election Day dark period begins. So…I guess Chuck is saying that if something is going to happen with someone (like Roger Stone, for instance) being charged, it’s either tomorrow, or see you in a couple of months.

Thanks. I want to say something snarky like “If there’s one thing politics has been since Trump, it’s traditional,” but honestly I agree it seems like Mueller would be that kind of guy.

I think he definitely wants to be the anti-Comey.

Is this the big news?

I believe it mentions they both left sometime during the summer so I don’t think it’s that big of a deal really.

Another charge this morning for an unregistered Ukrainian oligarch lobbyist. Not explicitly connected to the Mueller investigation in the charging papers, but apparently referred by Mueller’s office and a couple of Mueller team members were seen at the hearing.

Another story about the same lobbyist. First US case to involve Cambridge Analytica.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-31/manafort-associate-sam-patten-is-charged-with-fara-violation

A former associate of Paul Manafort, who was charged Friday with failing to register in the U.S. as a foreign agent for his work lobbying on behalf of a Ukrainian political party, is a longtime international political operative who’s partnered with a Russian already indicted in Special Counsel Robert Mueller’s probe.

The charges against Sam Patten are spelled out in a criminal information, which often precedes a guilty plea…

Patten worked for multiple political parties and office-holders in Ukraine, according to his website. His work for Cambridge Analytica came during the 2014 election cycle, the Daily Beast reported in April. It was later adopted by “at least one major U.S. presidential candidate,” the Daily Beast said. Patten told the publication that his work for Cambridge Analytica was separate from the work of his consulting firm.

… and this turns out to be a big deal, because Sam Patten is saying illegal foreign money went into Trump’s inaugural fund, i.e. basically into Trump’s pocket.

So: Trump taking foreign money confirmed.

DoJ rules say 60 days. Which is next friday, not this one.

Another day, another plea.

The thing to understand about this is that money given to the incoming President’s inauguration fund is basically a gift to the electee, since the electee can simply keep any of the money for personal use.

According to the statement of offense, Patten was asked by his Russian business partner — known in the docs as “Foreigner A” and believed to be Konstantin Kilimnik — to obtain inauguration tickets for the Ukrainian oligarch dubbed “Foreigner B,” for whom Patten and Foreigner A lobbied in the U.S. starting in 2015.

The Presidential Inauguration Committee legally could not accept payments from foreign nationals, so Patten found a straw purchaser who was paid $50,000 by Patten’s company to purchase four inauguration tickets, according to the docs. Foreigner B, through a Cypriot account, then paid Patten’s company, and he, another Ukrainian, Patten and Foreigner A received the tickets.

So this is basically a bribe paid by a foreign oligarch to Trump, illegally, and facilitated by a GOP operative.

Much has been written on the huge size and shady accounting of his inauguration fund…