Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

Y’all maybe might wanna put the wikileaks down for a sec, and just maybe read what Michael Cohen just pleaded out to lying about and is offering Mueller cooperation regarding right now.

Maybe. ;)

I’ll never get over the stunning projection at work here. FFS, have an ounce of self reflection :)

I know it’s today, it is live now, Trig? Link?

Cue antlers

I mean, if you’re looking for a direct link between Russia and the top of the Trump campaign, Michael Cohen would appear to be that, no?

If only there was some tie between Michael Cohen and Donald Trump. Oh well!

I would find it very difficult to believe that this is the full extent and accounting for of all instances regarding Michael Cohen, Trump Corporation, the 2016 campaign and Russia.

And I’ll let Ken White take it from here and explain why this is just a big nothingburger.

(OK, I might’ve been a bit facetious with the whole “nothingburger” thing…)

The headlines from the last week have convinced me of one thing: it’s impossible for an ordinary person to stay on top of this story. (That’s even putting the Assange/Stone/Corsi stuff to one side - that’s always going to be a mare’s nest, because Stone and Corsi are literally professional liars.)

I thought I was reasonably on top of Michael Cohen and Trump’s Moscow contacts, but I’m not. Reading today that the Trump Organization was still pursuing Trump Tower Moscow in June 2016 felt like new news we hadn’t known before … but looking into it, we’ve actually known that since May 17, 2018 and I just missed it at the time.

(What were we obsessed with back in May? Stormy Daniels? Meliana’s mysterious hospital visit?)

Triggercut is burying the lede: the real news is Popehat’s handle change!

Listened to Trump’s statement and he started talking in circles pretty quickly. “The Moscow business deal had nothing to do with the election and it didn’t even get done. It was stopped as soon as I joined the presidential race.” He then started saying all of it was nothing due to that. Later he was asked, if Cohen was such scum as you’re saying why did you hire him and keep him as an employee for so long? His answer: “Because a long time ago he did me a favor.”

It was a lot of concentrated deflection. And so soon after Cohen’s plea, it smells like smoke. Seriously, if it’s a nothingburger, then why did you just spend 9 minutes talking directly to reporters that you usually avoid, saying it was a nothingburger?

No, the important thing there is the context.

In May, we had the Buzzfeed story about Cohen, the Trump Org, and Moscow in June of 2016.

But we also got vehement denials back in May of 2017, from Cohen especially, on behalf of the Trump Org…and then Cohen’s testimony to congress refuting that.

NOW we have Cohen saying “Oh, yeah. Buzzfeed wasn’t wrong about that, and all my denials were bullshit.”

That’s the new layer on the cake.

(It’s probably not RICO. But maybe. LOL)

Higher sixth-dimension quantum Connect Four. Don’t you see?

The tweets collected are interesting. More interesting to me, the person tweeting them is one of NBC’s lead White House reporters:

Yeah, but his answers were to the best of his recollection. He’s often talked about his memory gaps and how he has trouble recalling things. Many people are saying that. Just because the President didn’t remember his loans, business deals, and collusion with Russia is no reason to go after the man and his self-made company with this expensive and overreaching investigation. The country needs to stop pestering this poor man about this nothingburger and let him spread his wings as he angelically lifts us to the heavens of Christianity and wealth promised during the campaign. Amen.

To sum up:

GOP: “Meh, nothing wrong with that. It’s not like he tried to wear a tan suit or eat Dijon mustard.”