Secret CIA source claims Russia rigged 2016 election

We may be engaging in the same kind of delusional fantasies that the right has for the previous eight years. There could be little or nothing to this. Or maybe Trump pardons Flynn now to limit the damage.

Yeah, I wouldn’t put much stock in it until something comes out

Maybe. But since the speculation is basically confined to this thread, I don’t see a problem.

But this is a fun fantasy!

Except we’ll actually change our view once solid facts come out.

That is an excellent point :)

Yep, John Schindler was saying yesterday that circumstances seemed to be pointing that way

Seth Abramson’s made up fake math and created from whole cloth sources (remember his “experimental math” to explain how Bernie Sanders had won, despite Hillary Clinton actually winning?) during the 2016 primary season are a contributing factor for why Donald Trump is President.

Lemme know when we can source General Flynn stuff to an actual reporter, and not a delusional, self-promoting Alex Jones figure like Seth Abramson.

So, the super interesting thing is what Manafort, Stone and Page are planning to say in the hearing. Is it, like the National Inquirer story, a plan to discredit Flynn before his testimony becomes public? If so, aren’t they just digging the whole deeper for themselves? Given what’s already publicly known and easily proven, (see the Mayflower story for example), aren’t they in danger of adding lying before a congressional committee to their list of crimes?

Where I saw it from was Schindler and some Harvard Prof/CNN Analyst (too lazy to look her up). Don’t know if they got it from Abramson or somewhere else

Abramson took the Harvard professor’s comments and made them a story where maybe there is one, maybe there isn’t.

The quote was that Flynn is cooperating with the FBI. In lawyerspeak, that’s something you say when you’re trying to show that your client has done nothing wrong. “We’re happy to cooperate…” etc.

If Flynn has details to dish that could be harmful, and he’s willing to go there, it’ll be expressed more explicitly to reporters from sources.

https://twitter.com/bmaz/status/845728872666730496

(This isn’t right wing pushback, btw.)

This is what I saw. I don’t follow Abramson at all:

As I said above don’t put much stock in it until something comes out.

Fair enough. The original source felt compelled to respond after crazy Seth twisted her words though:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C7zexH9VQAAgHIJ.jpg

Yeah, now more than ever, with all the fake news garbage, it is so important to be precise with language, not just when writing it, but when READING IT.

They want to “set the record straight” - in other words, they’ll probably say that they were “wire tapped” by Obama. I don’t think anyone is flipping on Flynn.

I hope Schiff grills them on the Mayflower hotel meeting. They will either have to corroborate things that look bad and raise a lot of questions or lie under oath.

Wouldn’t want to piss off Daddy Vlady.