Secret Santa 2020 Speed Edition

Merry Christmas to me from @Navaronegun! Thank you so much!

Awesome stalking because I am a super-hardcore Star Trek fan, and I’ve played lots of Ascendancy in its digital form, but never the real board game. So I’m really excited to recruit the teenager and my girlfriend into a battle for the Federation!

Plus, it’s full of little ships. And I love little starships. :)

Thanks again and Merry Christmas, @Navaronegun!

And Merry Christmas to you all! It’s so fun watching all these openings and all the wonderful geeky, thoughtful presents.

Thank you, @fire, for making this happen once again.

I am working until 7pm, then having dinner, presents to be opened by 9pm. I will post pictures!

You’re welcome. :) The stalking wasn’t that hard. :) We may disagree on the post-2009 franchise offerings, but we both hope the other lives long and prospers!

347fb43c785ea015959363c12599816f

Merry Christmas!

Still doing family Christmas here - will open later today!

Every year I feel like I’m in the bottom tier of thoughtful gift giving. Some year I’ll nail it.

Well you did actually call out to your secret santa when you posted about your horses. just saying.

I truly appreciate my Secret Santa.

Not only did I get some simpler games to enjoy when the ole brain wants fun and not complexity, but I also got an expansion to a game that I enjoy quite a bit, especially since the licensing would suggest it’s not worthwhile (it totally is!). I look forward to playing with friends and family, which ever group gets a game night first!

In addition I got a digital gift of AOW, the everything version. I have been haunting the AOW topic for awhile, preparing to give myself a nice long run at it during my time off. I am like a lot of fantasy folks around here, kind of used to certain thins and this sci-fi stuff mixed it up in a way that it requires some real attention. Nothing says give me an attention more than a whole lot of DLC!

I love it.

Thank you so much!

I got my partner the base Villainous game! We’re very excited to play it. Awesome haul :-D

Right around the same time, you should have gotten another gift card. Did it not arrive?

Holy what the fuck? My Santa must live in my brain.

A case of vodka. This would be a good thing.

But no. Two bottles. Okay.

Is this… is this my favorite rum? It is holy crap!

But wait. there is another bottle. What might it be?

Holy cannolis. This is a fine sipping whiskey, or so I have heard. Never having tasted it before. But I have read about it.

Dear Santa. Thank you so very much. This is a gift that will keep on giving through the months and maybe years ahead.

Merry Christmas you crazy fool! :)

To be clear. This Vizcaya is better than the one bottle I drank before. I shall dance and sing. Very badly. :)

I am not your Santa, Rich, But he stalked this very thread. And you will enjoy that Basil Hayden’s!

My reaction for the past 15 minutes since opening my gifts:

oh my

My Santa stalked well, like The Shadow, they knew what lurked in the heart of this man.
They also sent me 2 gag gifts which I will actually use (they were on my Amazon list as gag gifts), the sandwich picks which I am out of, and the water leak detector for the well pump / water heater corner of the basement.

On to the good stuff… I got a freaking LEGO Star Wars Razor Crest. It will be built as soon as I have free time in mid January, and I will have to get my ass in gear finish the last season of the Clone Wars and get to watching The Mandalorian.

I also got a Infinity Cube, (not a borg cube) and it is on my desk now being folded, Infinitely. I may get carpal tunnel, thanks Santa. In another bag was the hero of the PA elections, aka the mascot of the Philadelphia Flyers, GRITTY!

And finally a copy of Roy Orbison’s Black and White night, DVD and CD. I can finally watch stop watching youtube clips and enjoy it in its broadcasted entirety. The CD will get ripped to mp3 for my phone. It was an amazing concert if anyone hasn’t seen it.

My Santa went well above and beyond what they should have, and I am very thankful. As many others above have said, we here at Qt3 have the best community. And while we may not physically get to see each other , I feel I have some of the best online friends here that anyone could ask for.

No doubt at all. None. It’s been a long time since I have tasted a good bourbon. I am so psyched.

I have to decloak. I am so very happy that you like your gifts. My thoughts were, he needs DnD dice. So I found the dice that I would like. Then I thought, metal dice might scratch a table. Thus the red thing. :) And then I thought, what could possibly contain those dice. And so, chainmail bag.

I hope that you and yours have many DnD games together.

Merry Christmas!

Aha!

Those dice were so perfect that I immediately went and ordered the whole setup for my adult son. He’s halfway across the country so when we play, it’s remotely. One must have good implements for such an endeavor :-)

Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

I am confused. I’m also half a glass of wine in right now, so it’s probably me.

To be clear, this is me lamenting that I’m not as good at gift giving as I would like, not me complaining about the fantastically thoughtful gifts CF_Kane gave me.

Dave said he had four real horse and his secret santa should know that. :)

My Santa got me an awesome bamboo blanket that is supposed to help you keep cool at night and the book of Tales From The Loop that I’m excited to check out after watching the series. Thanks so much Santa!

Holy crap I did say this in this thread. @Nesrie :o

I completely forgot.

Well aren’t you lucky it was my job to remember what you wrote and not yours ;-)