Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (topic now 200% easier to find)

Chances I wait on this with it being payday Friday is pretty much zero. And then The Show drops next week. Ugh…

I’m looking forward to a good new game but I’m keeping my hype under control much better compared to DMC5.

That game lived up to the hype but usually the real thing never does. It’s better to go in with a nice even-keeled perspective!

Wait–is that really when this thing is coming out? I’ll really need to buckle down and finish Yakuza 6 now…

Impossible.

It’s been a while since we’ve had a new From game so please allow me to briefly step on my soapbox:

Let’s try to spoiler tag boss and place names as appropriate. Souls fans tend to like to post progress reports but to me I’d rather not know there’s a Forest of Doom while I’m still back on the Chaos Plateau.

But I also hate spoiler threads. I want to hear impressions and it’s easy to blur the names.

Maybe I’m being way too picky. I don’t even care that much for this game.

I just preloaded this, can’t wait to play it.

Fair enough. This should be easy to follow. Does this also apply to me in 2021 when I start my playthrough?

Now I feel bad, I’d been posting names all over the place in my 2016 playthrough of Dark Souls.

Seeing how you and krok did that, I felt pretty safe to do the same in my recaps ; )

But I will respect the rules of this thread for Sekiro!

test test test test

I agree with all of this.

Nah it’s just the initial rush while everyone is playing at their own pace. After a week or two it’s back to normal polite behavior to tag major story spoilers.

How long to do that is outside the scope of this discussion!

Bought and preloaded. Now we wait until Friday.

Metacritic just above 90, so no major disasters. Looks like all the games journalists survived it.

EpicNameBro said he’s 10 hours in and loves it.

“it’s fantastic. Combat, level design, pacing. All great.”

OpenCritic has more reviews than Meta (34 vs 10) and has it at 92.

It sounds like people freaking love it. It also sounds less scary and far less punishing than the previews made it sounds. I’m back in.

I literally know nothing save the absolute basics about this game, and I’m so hyped.

I’m going into this about as blind as can be.

As a recent souls enthusiast, I know enough to know this is a special gaming moment/opportunity.

Be careful there, then, it’s NOT going to play like a Souls game and those that try to play it that way are the ones getting frustrated. You might be better served watching one of the official combat primer videos before you jump in totally blind, imo.

Nah, go in blind and learn on the fly. Souls games are most fun that way.

Oh I hear ya, but I’m not like a super souls gamer or anything like that. I absolutely adore Dark Souls (probably my top 1 or 2 fave games of all time), but I approached that game as a Monster Hunter player, haha, so I’m not really wedded to any tried and true form of combat.

I’m thrilled Sekiro plays differently!

Yeah, go in blind and that’s probably the best way to go, I just don’t want you to get frustrated. It doesn’t sound like that’s going to be a concern, so going in blind is probably going to be the best outcome for you. Enjoy!

I’ve only barely looked into the details on the game on purpose as well. I’m not surprised that it’s getting rave reviews and will be purchasing and pre-loading it tonight. :)