Senate races 2020

Realistically, is it fair to assume there is 0% chance Mitch loses? (Not saying it’s not worth a Beto-esque hail mary campaign anyway…)

If Mitch McConnell loses an election in KY in 2020 I will feel the tiniest glimmer of hope pierce through the cancerous wall of hatred that consumed my heart all those years ago

I think it highly unlikely that Amy McGrath can pull this off. She was the Dem nominee for the 6th Congressional District, which includes the cities of Lexington (including its suburbs), Richmond, and Frankfort, in 2018 and lost to Andy Barr 51% to 47.8%. It was considered the most flippable KY CD in 2018 and she couldn’t get it done. She has made some missteps early in her campaign against Mitch, and I don’t think that she is the mighty paladin needed to slay that necromancer.

Yes, unseating McConnell has virtually no chance of succeeding.

Still, it’s worth a shot, because the campaign will at least beat him up. And the reality is, he’s extremely unpopular, so ya never know.

Trying to duplicate McCaskill’s strategy of promoting Todd Akin. Because advocating for health care and fighting climate change is totes the same as “legitimate rape” and “women have a way of shutting that whole thing down.” (To be fair, I don’t know anything about Erica Smith, maybe our NC residents know more.) Should also be noted that Republicans are trying to boost Sanders’ standing in SC, wonder if that accounts for his recent rise in the polls there. (Don’t have a link handy, but I’ve also read that the GOP have a ton of oppo ready to dump on Sanders. VT voters have already heard it all and they don’t care, but VT <> the rest of the country.)

She’s a good candidate, she’s not a loon- the only knock on her is that she’s underfunded and black. I would happily vote for her in a primary.

Great news in Kentucky. 5% more dems registered than Republicans.

Mitch isn’t going to like that

Good.

Doug Collins gets the #ETTD treatment. I am always amused when they act surprised.

Cross posting this from the other thread where @Alstein posted this

Really good news so far.

I would take this with a grain of salt, given that it comes at a time when Democratic voters are fired up about voting for their choice of nominee. After the nomination fight has settled a bit, we’ll see where polling is at. My guess is that there will be more work to do in these states.

If only we could have a general election where people can vote for both Bernie and neither-Bernie-nor-Trump with a single vote!

In NC, the nominee is generic D, so I think he’ll do right about the same as Biden, Cooper is popular, and some Trumpies don’t like Tillis. I feel like the odds of a pickup here is about 70%.

Colorado hates Gardner. That might tighten a little bit, but super popular politician in the state in Hickenlooper vs hated Cory Gardner… I would be shocked if Gardner holds onto his seat. Republicans have been nearly complete neutered in the state.

Colorado is basically reverse Ohio at this point.

I think CO, ME, and AL are guaranteed flips for a +1

if AZ and NC flip (or an upset happens), that’s +3 and Ginsberg can retire and be replaced.

The Dream scenario would be Thomas or Scalia dying in 2021. Then the court flips.

McGrath is going to beat McConnell.

IT WILL HAPPEN. +1

Steve Bullock in Montana is a decent bet for a pickup now that he’s getting into that race.