Serbia/Kosovo Conflict

Or, wasn’t it Frederick the Great who said the entire Balkans weren’t worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier?

Pomerainian grenadier?

(best I could find with a quick image search)

I did find a redcoat chihuahua.

My wife was a teen during the war in 91-95.

Her family had to flee Bosnia but before that, she became a sniper for the Croatians. Her dad was Serb, her mom Croatian. Her dad was killed by a Muslim.

Her and her sister and mom then fled for 4 days through the forests toward Croatia, eating berries and whatever else they could find.

She has some horrific stories and things she wont even tell me.

Praying hard that things stay calm over there…that confict destroyed her youth and the after effects have really messed up her adulthood.

Praying for peace.

Man, that’s a terrible story. I’m sorry for her and her family and for everyone else who has to grow up in such circumstances. And also hoping for peace.

Who knew old Freddie became the scourge of Europe through an excess of cuteness? TIL.

Indeed. The Balkans historically have been a tinderbox, and that seems mostly true today as well. I only visited the region during the time of Yugoslavia, and whatever else one might say about Tito’s rule, everything was more or less orderly and functional when I was there. Regional differences abounded, though; Belgrade was a very weird place.

Good news from the EU.