Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass

Did they move away from Egypt already?

One of the best blind purchases I ever made was Serious Sam 2: The Second Encounter, way back when it released. I haven’t followed the series at all since then, but I would love to jump back in if the game is solid. I’ve been dying for a great bullet sponge shooter, the most recent DOOM was the last good one I’ve played.

I’m excited.

Yes please!

SS3 was one of my favorite FPS games ever.

That’s a great trailer. :)

This is another Battle Royale game, right?

Since this is the most recent Serious Sam thread, I thought I would put this awesome Ars Technica video about the making of the original game here:

Devolver’s mid-budget FPS outings from Croteam and Flying Wild Hog are awesome, so I hope we hear more from them soon.

In 17 hours, we’ll finally get a proper look at what Croteam have been working on. :)

It’s about damn time! I’ve been waiting for this since, I don’t know. Umm…

Okay, since January 17th, 2019. But since I didn’t play Serious Sam 3 because of bad reviews, and the game I played before that was some time around 2002 or so, it feels like I’ve been waiting twenty years!

It’s cool they’ll be releasing SS4 on “last gen” consoles after the next gen obsoletes them. Now that Stadia is buying exclusives I guess I’ll be able to catch up on my backlog.

Trailer was kinda underwhelming but the gameplay videos on the Steam page show off the good stuff:

Well I’m sold.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRjsJVqwyHE

I hadn’t noticed Croteam and Devolver had dropped SS4’s subtitle, but I hope this really is the reason why!

De-wishlisted. Now the game is ruined.

Yeah, that was a very evocative sub-title for the game. I’ll still keep an eye on the game, because it might still be about taking over a whole planet, despite the name change.

I chanced upon someone streaming this last night and it looked like a lot of goofy fun. I’ve never played a Serious Sam game before, is it worth looking into the earlier games or is this a decent jumping on point?

Lots of technical issues being reported.

GmanLives has been a connoisseur of FPS games for years:

[In a nutshell:] The game seems to have been sent out unfinished.
I’m sad. I had high hopes for this game.
It has already received one massive patch. Hopefully, it can be patched to completion at some point. As it is now, it sounds like it might be worth $15 to $20.