Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Ms Croft if you're nasty

I’m stuck on a super frustrating spoiler spoiler. Spoiler spoiler is what I said out loud.

Moar because why not? :D

The mini-tombs are so fun and spooky!

Was time for a change of clothes… :)

@jpinard what type of frog is this? Why is it blue?

This maybe?

https://livingrainforest.org/what-to-see/blue-poison-dart-frog

Deep thoughts: If Tab opens the map, why can’t Tab close it? If E makes me take hold of something, why can’t E make me let go?

I was infuriated by this for a few minutes. I’d been playing on a controller, and had no issues engaging and disengaging w/ the environment, ie wheels or cranks you turn in a puzzle. Later, I had removed the controller to let my son borrow it, and played w/ M/K. I grabbed an interactive object in a tomb puzzle with the E key, and could not let go. I repeatedly had to quit the game or reload the save point to free myself. It was only one time after banging all the keys in frustration I discovered the C key, which in the menu is listed as the ‘Roll’ key, allowed me to disengage. Ugh.

Deep thoughts: I’m stranded after a plane crash, but by “camping” I can teleport back to Mexico.

Ok so is it just me, or does Lara’s flashlight not always work? I wish it was on a toggle.

I miss the glowsticks!

Are the game dev’s trolling us, because this is pretty much half my game time so far:

A few more pics:

I am up to around where Tom was streaming last week. :D

PRO TIP, get the extended breathing underwater upgrade asap.

Honestly, this is so necessary, it shouldn’t even be a skill upgrade. They should’ve just made the extended time the default.

@Telefrog did you notice what I did so far playing, where upgrading gear seems a bit worthless? I am 9 hours in and have barely upgraded anything.

I am playing on Normal, maybe it makes a difference on higher difficulty levels.

It does remind me to upgrade outfits, but I hate almost all of them, so I am rocking the more normal looking ones that don’t have upgrades.

It’s similar to my skill complaint above. Since combat encounters are heavily weighted towards the back half of the game, the combat skills feel like a waste of points for the majority of the time. it’s the same for the weapon upgrades. More draw time? More accurate shots? Who cares when there’s very few fights?

Then you hit the late stage of the campaign and it’s non-stop combat. Suddenly, all those combat skills and upgrades are important.

Ding.

Eh. I still feel the spread of combat encounters makes it less of an issue until the latter half of the story.

Ah crap, not again. Why, Squenix, why?

Not sure how far through I am. As advertised the climbing is fun, although whoever invented lateral leaps while hanging off the underside of an overhang needs a punch in the nose.

The ramp up in combat, if it’s what I’ve just hit, seems fine IMO. It’s more enjoyable than the other fights against soldiers, both by being simpler and making Lara seem more tomb raidery and less psychopathic. Although that is partially because the attackers seem less human, which I suppose might not be true on reflection. Don’t know what is yet to come of course.

The various little quests around Paititi seem pretty weak fetch quests so far. Interesting to compare this to Assassins’ Creed. I think this is the first TR with this kind of thing. Both series seem to be moving a bit RPGwards at the same time.

I am almost 9 hours in and still don’t have a lockpick, but know of at least 2 maybe 3 chests now that I must open with one. Grrrr.

12 hours and same :)

Pretty sure you’re at the point where you can buy the lock pick from a vendor. They all have different inventories.

Only found 1 vendor so far, but I’ll push the story further!

Vendor spoiler: There is a vendor that is only unlocked during a quest in the village.
She has some of the unique items, like the lockpick. Be warned, once you visit her she disappears and will reappear at various spots later in the story. Pick and choose what you buy from her if you don’t have enough gold.

Which village?