Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Ms Croft if you're nasty

The sigh of exasperation I let out when I saw what was asked of me for the final fight, probably could be heard in the developers office.

Anyway I am done for now, 86% complete.

I took a bunch of screenshots but don’t want to spoil anything, so they are on my steam profile if people want to see what happens at the end of the game.

I hated all the in game outfits, I didn’t upgrade or equip a single one unless I was forced to. Also I apparently still have 4 challenge tombs remaining.

Oh… not much was mentioned of the skill tree, its probably one of the worst I’ve had to endure. And so many of them seem almost useless. :)

Tom mentioned in his AssCreed Odyssey stream tonight he is working on the review for this game, I don’t see many stars incoming.

I disliked all the ‘primitive’ outfits but sometimes it’s good to slip on a clean T-Shirt.

I just wore the bits that gave you stealth bonuses.

Ah co-op, what no one who plays Tomb Raider asked for…

Steam told me the new Forge dlc is now out.

:p

The Pillar DLC is out on DEC 18th.

Its amazing this will soon be out 4 months, and zero RTX news. Also they are running behind on their release roadmap, as the 3rd challenge tomb DLC should be out now.

Out today, here is the full trailer.

I finally got around to working on this some more. I’m not liking it as much as the others in the series, but I enjoy the general mechanics. It hit me I now can’t tell the difference between the Uncharted games and the Tomb Raider games. I remember some sequence in a previous game I had to use the rope to get some boats into alignment across a rapid, and I literally couldn’t remember what game it was.

I am also annoyed with the fact that she spends the majority of the game in an outfit I can’t change. It also is driving me nuts that I it will show relics on the map, but in areas I haven’t unlocked. I spent a good amount of time trying to get a relic, gave up, and then later in the story hit the area the relic was.

Oh hey, RTX features!

Another DLC!

Final dlc on the way, dev’s happy with overall sales.

I got this on Gamepass and I tried to do some of it with the low-ploy Lara model and it was ridiculous. It was so ridiculous it almost killed the game for me. I should not have done that after hitting the first bonfire.

Huh, I am some 8 hours in and surprisingly I am enjoying this quite a bit, significantly more than Rise.
It is not as cringey and the setting is much more fun to be in. Plus I like the structure with the sidequests and stuff.

Does anyone notice any difference with ray tracing?

In this game it is only applied to shadows, so if you enable it shadows look different, more accurate. But I am only using the medium setting for raytracing (everything else maxed) so that I can keep 4K at 60fps without drops. If I put raytracing on ultra the framerate drops to 50 which isn’t worth it.

I’m probably about half way through the game and I’m not exactly sure why I’m not enjoying this nearly as much as the first two, but I’m not. I’m not sure if it is the implementation of the game, or if this just doesn’t hold up like it did when the first two came out.

Maybe we’ve had games step up their writing so this stuff just seems poor now instead of average. I’n the first one I did have some empathy for Lara. In this she just annoys me. I’m struggling to continue. The environments are still gorgeous, but the game itself just doesn’t have much drawing me in. I loved the first two quite a bit too.

I felt the same way but I can tell you why. In opposition to most TR diehards, I loved the combat of the prior two games, and found actual tomb raiding rather tedious at times. This game as a lot less combat and a lot more tombs than the first two games. I don’t mind some tombs, and for the me, the second game had the right balance (the first game had too few) but this game just overdoes the number of tombs. And I really miss all the combat. The first two really has some great challenging combat set pieces, and that just seems totally missing in this game. I know I’m a minority in this but that’s just me and my preferences.

Maybe that is part of it. I liked the combat in the prior two games. I feel there is more missing though. I’m just not sure if I changed or the game has.