Shadow Warrior 2

We got teasers yesterday, but now that we have the official announcement, I suppose we can break off to a thread just for the sequel.

Shadow Warrior 2 is the stunning evolution of Flying Wild Hog’s offbeat first-person shooter following the further misadventures of former corporate shogun Lo Wang. Now surviving as a reclusive mercenary on the edge of a corrupted world, the formidable warrior must again wield a devastating combination of guns, blades, magic and wit to strike down the demonic legions overwhelming the world. Battle alongside allies online in four-player co-op or go it alone in spectacular procedurally-generated landscapes to complete daring missions and collect powerful new weapons, armor, and arcane relics of legend.

PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4 in 2016

4 player online co-op!

That song sounds identical to this, including the excessive pinches.

Procedurally-generated landscapes? I’m intrigued.

Gameplay presentation (Kinda low-quality - I’ll repost if I can find a better link):

Looks even better than Flying Wild Hog’s excellent 2013 reboot. :)

Shadow Warrior was kind of a gem in the rough. Very enjoyable combat mechanics, and the story was surprisingly deep. Well for Shadow Warrior. Will buy!

Count me in for more Wang.

I’m excited to share my wang with others

Here’s a better quality video of the full presentation:

So, will this one have coop?

Yep, four player co-op. Every player plays as Lo Wang but sees everyone else just as some ninja helping along. The single player campaign is still the focus.

Not bad, after the first one I wasn’t following this game, but the last video shows an improvement.

Some new Shadow Warrior 2 gameplay from a PAX Twitch stream.

Looks amazing. SW1 was one of my favorite sleeper hit games of the past few years, just really surprisingly great.

Looks like it will be out in OCTOBER.

Totally agree with @wumpus here. I picked up Shadow Warrior on the last Steam sale and it’s the first game in quite awhile that I sat down and finished without getting distracted by other games. The combat was really solid and I quite enjoyed the story. Not going day 1 on the new ones but I’ll be checking it out down the line for sure.

According to this Gamereactor interview (at the 4.45 mark), Shadow Warrior 2’s releasing in September.

[quote]Host: It’s coming out this year, is that correct?
Nigel Lowrie: It’s coming coming out next month, I’ll tell you that. We haven’t said the date yet, but it’s going to come out next month.[/quote]

Final release date announced.

October 13th. $39.99 on Steam and GOG.

Looks like the game Doom would have loved to be :)

How did I miss this has procedural levels? Sold!

See, I don’t understand this. How can procedural level generation in an FPS possibly be any better than hand-made levels?

I mean I understand that there are much greater re-play possibilities when you have random generation of things, but can a computer really create a more compelling level than a human could?