Shadow Warrior 3 - Even more Wang

No, not at all. 30:s tops.

he should better look like 60 fps to me!

Not to be upstaged by Dying Light 2…

Hahahaha

That is really funny.

That game clip definitely doesn’t make me want to play it though. Who the hell can keep track of so many dang weapons and melee and all that? Oh right, right. @tomchick can.

At least it’s not the ultra-crowded February.

Welp, time to finish SW2 I suppose.

Had no idea this was coming until it popped up on my YouTube feed. Doesn’t bode well for its success, but looks neato. Environmental kills like bulletstorm, good stuff.

Exciting times! Review predictions?

I’ll put the over/under at 84%

I’m not feeling it. I don’t get the same vibe I got from Shadow Warrior 1 or 2. It feels more like Serious Sam maybe? Weird.

The first type of enemies are clearly inspired from the Kamikazes from SS, yep, but the rest not so much.

It feels like circular arenas connected by corridors, much like my memories of Serious Sam. I guess technically Shadow Warrior 2 was a bit like that, but it was less… obvious, I guess?

Could be just me though. I guess I’m trying to understand myself why I’m not feeling it.

SW2 was a looter shooter - basically Borderlands with better combat and worse dialogue.

This looks like a clone of the new Doom. Which for me is certainly a lot less interesting.

Awww, rats, is the latest Shadow Warrior diverging from the formula that made #2 so good? That would be a shame, since it worked so well.

-Tom

Yeah, it seems more traditional this time round. I believe the last outing had a Marmite effect on people, so they’re scrapping the looter-stuff, going back to the '13 reboot with some elements from Eternal thrown in. The biggest concern for me is the studio’s using Unreal instead of their propriety engine. I loved how it handled destructive environments :(

Yeah. The more I see of Shadow Warrior 3 (which is actually not much - I feel like they showed a lot more of 2 before it came out) the less interested I am. I think @Mysterial nailed it - it feels like a Doom Eternal clone of sorts, but in a “2 steps back” kind of way. :(