Should I go to some fucking thing?

So did you go, was it as lame as you thought?

Go to some fucking thing!

Go for the reasons fire mentioned. I little social maintenence goes a long way. Go for a few hours, some munchies, some forced social interaction and go home.

What you say!
You have no chance to survive!
Make your time!

Nope! I agreed to go, but I woke up with some stomach issues that would be rude to discuss, so I skipped it!

Faker.

Troy

lmfao. I was just about to say that it sounds like Boston. Everybody is someone’s cousin’s best friend, or brother’s ex-girlfriend’s sister, or ex-boyfriend’s bandmate’s roommate. I think it’s partially because most Boston kids attend public schools (lots of locals mixing) and partially because of the large families (lots of siblings and cousins).

You still shouldn’t have to go the wedding. That’s fucked.

(Though I did just go to my former best friend’s ex-girlfriend’s wedding…)

It was kinda messed up.

The wedding was at 2 in Providence. An hour away from Boston. Then the reception was at 7 in Newport, an hour away from Providence. The wedding was a full Catholic mass so it was about two hours, but even after that we ended up in Newport with a lot of time to dick around and wish we weren’t in Newport. And thanks to a boat race taking place this weekend, we couldn’t even get a hotel room anywhere.

Still, the reception was in a fancy-ass place and involved an open bar, waiters walking around with plates of bacon-wrapped scallops and crabcakes and culminating in a six course meal that involved filet mignon and some tasty clam chowder. Then lots and lots of dancing. I did the I Do Not Know How To Dance dance, the White Guy dance, the Charlie Brown dance and eventually flailed around like an epileptic. It was a blast.

I was about to get roped into this nonsense. “Why aren’t you going? We miss you. You would want people to come to your child’s christening.” I come from a family that takes a very no pressure approach to family get togethers and was like, um, does playing WoW for five hours straight count as an adequate excuse?

However, I am dragging extarbags to a funeral two weekends from now that’s four hours away, so bless his heart (though he’d better not get another convenient stomach bug).