Show us your un-GIF images and image macros (that are interesting)

A thurggoth.

"It was a terrible, indescribable thing …a shapeless congeries of protoplasmic bubbles, faintly self-luminous, and with myriads of temporary eyes forming and un-forming… "

The guy in the bottom picture seems to be standing much closer to the fence than the cow, who is closer to the camera. I don’t doubt it’s a big cow, my wife showed me the top picture earlier, but I still think some tom foolery is going on, just a little.

The Cookie with a Thousand Young?

Brats in a sack?

This is apparently a real thing. The Zamburak (1862 AD)

I wonder if you could ride and fire? It seems to be designed that way but it’s hard to imagine.

Of course this nerd had to wikipedia it, but it does sound like the camels were stopped and put on it’s knees to fire the gun.

Originally used to mount crossbows, they were then fitted for cannons and gatling guns after that.

That would make a lot more sense then fire it while riding: about 90% the bullets would be going into the ground or into the air then…

I like that the image seems to represent the reins as being attached to the gun, as if the camel were able to fire the gun, possibly by turning its head and nodding or something. “Oh hey, it’s that guy who likes to ride me sometimes, whoops! How did that happen? Oh well, I’ll just head over to that tree and nibble some leaves … aw man.”

Supposedly they dismounted and the camel was the mount

I’m sort of intrigued by anything to do with Arabs or warfare with camels. My father had a huge poster of men on camelback, swords in the air, racing across the desert in his office. Or maybe it was a painting. But it just captured my imagination when I was little and now I find myself drawn to odd little bits of information from the middle east, warfare, and camels.

One of my good buds in high school was Egyptian so anything with camels is an in-joke. In retrospect the jokes would be considered insensitive and faus pax these days. For his birthday we once built a terrarium. We went to 34th woolworth’s to get a fish bowl, then we got a little plastic camel and a cactus, then my friend got some sand from a construction site near his apartment. We were very proud of it,all on a budget.

If it wasn’t in Civ or Dominions, then it wasn’t real.

Hmm - only in a mod, apparently

I just saw this someplace. We must haunt a similar spot of the internet.

Yeah I read it… somewhere…