Show us your un-GIF images and image macros (that are interesting)

If only there were some way to … I don’t know, prevent unwanted pregnancies or something! My goodness, think of what we could accomplish!

Dog bites off an astronaut’s penis?

Nothing is 100% effective. Except for abstinence.

True, especially safely arriving on Mars after a 1.5 year journey.

Depends on the zero-g behavior of all the astronaut juice the menfolk would be generating…

Thing is we don’t know, biologically, what the impacts on fertility and pregnancy would be on the human body in a zero G environment. Heck even the act of sex would be difficult without gravity.

But… a first time trip to Mars is not the time to learn these things. As mentioned, a pregnancy would be bad, very bad, news.

A zero g birth! Imagine the cleanup afterwards. No wait, don’t.

OK, so the theory is that we’ll send a crew of human beings into space for several years in a small, enclosed space under circumstances that will probably alternate between high stress/high intensity and high boredom. And we also don’t expect these people to have sex with each other. At all. I hope they take a fuckload of crossword puzzles along for the ride.

It’s almost like it should go in the What Could Possibly Go Wrong? thread.

Oh it would be foolish indeed not to plan and prepare for that.

So any mission planner worth their salt will not ask ‘how do we keep them from having sex’, and instead ‘how do we allow them to be human beings and not result in unwanted and potentially dangerous pregnancies during the mission’.

Vasectomies can reverse themselves!

Happened to a friend of mine! (Actually a friend in this case, not an “asking for a friend”).

And tubal ligation can cause an ectopic pregnancy. Not good at all.

Also, how would having an all-female crew prevent astronauts from having sex?

Being pregnant on a flight to Mars sounds like it could be a great start to a movie!

It sounds like an awesome 80s sitcom!

Can three divorced astronauts fly to mars without driving each other crazy?
< cue theme song >
< cut to montage of humorous astronaut life scenes >
< and now a message from our sponsor >

They should reunite the cast of Friends and send them to Mars.

A TV show about it would be swell too I guess.

Pardon me for the evolution agenda but

119620474_3352543494836650_2450727393715697462_n