Skyrim Anniversary Edition adds fishing and probably a ton of new bugs

This is me as well - I have well over 1200 hours as well, in PS3, Ps4, Xbox 360, Xbox one, and PC by now.

Its one of the singular greatest games of all time, and I don’t mind paying again for this upgrade either.

I hope they include whatever mod lets you skip the beginning cart and chop.

Alternate lives? Its pretty cool!

Skyrim might very well be my favorite game of all time. I played it on PC, console, and in VR (which is quite the experience). I can see hopping back in for another playthrough with this edition, maybe when the PS5 enhanced version is out.

Sadly that wont be part of this as far as I know.

Is SkyUI?

I’m eager for an excuse to jump back in myself, honestly.

It works like this.

It’ll take a few days or a week for the script extender guys to rebuild SKSE. Then things that use it (like SkyUI) will work again without any update needed.

Texture mods will work fine right away.

Things that use DLLs (like ENB lighting) will need a rewrite but the guy that writes the Skyrim ENB enabler plugin is also ready to update it.

I doubt modding will be ‘hit hard’. There might be a few mods people are used to having that they have to wait for. Most people won’t have to wait too long.

People like me might have to wait for modders to rewrite something or go through my list and remove things. I don’t think it’s really that big of a problem.

I’ve played hundreds of hours of Skyrim and still never finished the main quest, or most of the other quests. I think I’ve started the game 7 or 8 times since it released.

Always put it aside for something else after a few dozen hours, and then end up starting again with the intent of trying a new class/race build. And end up going to my usual stealthy archer Dunmer. Last time I played it was the longest and I managed to get most of the way through that vampire quest from the DLC and I’ve been thinking about going back, but now with this new update, may just start over yet again.

It is a known fact stealth archer is the only available class in Skyrim. All the other weapons are just for decoration.

That’s what I figured. No one in the game takes a spear/sword/axe/hammer/fist/spell to the knee.

EXACTLY!

Pricing announced.

https://elderscrolls.bethesda.net/en/article/5esC91g2ABY1jQ97uq39zW/skyrim-anniversary-edition-faq

What is the price of the Skyrim Anniversary Edition and the Anniversary Upgrade?

• The MSRP for the Skyrim Anniversary Edition on digital storefronts will be USD $49.99/EUR €54.99/GBP £47.99/AUD $79.95/RUB 3399 at launch.
  • If you already own Skyrim Special Edition, the MSRP for the Anniversary Upgrade on digital storefronts will be USD $19.99/EUR €19.99/GBP £15.99/AUD $29.95/RUB 1429 at launch.

Twenty clams for a bunch of user-created content? Oh, heck, I’ll probably do it.

The next-gen console upgrade will be free, so that’s good news.

Is Skyrim getting a next-gen upgrade?

Yes! Owners of Skyrim Special Edition or the Anniversary Edition on PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S will receive a next-generation upgrade for the game. The upgrade will be free and optimize the game with enhanced graphics, faster loading times and more.

Is that different than the Anniversary update? If so, when does that come out?

Everyone with the SE gets the upgrade and three little mods…fishing and survival mode and I forget the third. For $20 you get the AE which is the same thing plus several more baked in mods.

Yep. All games should come with a “No Spiders” mode. Arachnophobe gamers deserve better!

God damned right!

I’ve not bought games because of the Spider content (Star Wars JediSouls) and in games like Conan Exiles there are huge sections of the game world I avoid because of the spiders. (I always fast forward through the Shelob bit in LotR movie too).

It’s actually a drag so many game devs decide to base monsters on Spiders since a lot of those games I just can’t enjoy.

I’m totally with you man. I’ve flat out stopped playing so many games due to spiders or spider-like things.