Slay the Spire

Yeah, that’s Snecko. He drives me crazy if I don’t have a high cost deck (which I usually don’t). I almost always try to have an artifact potion on hand and will save it to the very end of the run JUST IN CASE I run into Snecko.

Yea the Snecko is not fun to face if you are running a deck with a bunch of 0 and 1 cost cards. You also don’t want to pick up the Eye if you’ve built into such a deck on floor 1, since if you are going to get Snecko Eye you will either pick it up at game start with the replace your starting relic with a random boss relic choice, or from the boss of act 1.

I’ve had some fun with the double tap card, dual wielding, and the card that upgrades your hand.

Yea, having an early upgraded version of the block that upgrades your entire hand is quite strong for Ironclad. I’ve had a lot of success with the card that doubles your strength. I’m having a major senior moment on my Ironclad card names, haven’t played him in quite awhile. But the strength doubler goes great with a number of Ironclad cards like sense weakness. And there are a few relics that give strength as well. You can hit some really crazy numbers.

I also once had an extremely successful game with a tiny deck focused entirely on the strike that can be upgraded an infinite number of times and being able to play it multiple times per round. But you need to draw that card very early to go for that deck.

Yeah, I can’t remember the card name, but I’ve seen the one with no limit on upgrades. I wonder what it would be like to have that, and the upgraded block card.

Armaments. It’s a bit of a trap if your deck is a bit fat, although it rarely should be anyway.

One fun thing I’ve found out only just recently, is if you have the Silent’s Wraith Form, which gives you 2 or 3 turns of near damage immunity at the cost of a debuff that reduces Dex by 1 per turn, you can swig an artifact potion, use the power, and negate the ENTIRE debuff! What makes this an extra fun combo is with the Colorless card Pancea, as then you have a built in (free) way to provide Artifact right in your deck.

Yeah, artifact potion works with a bunch of things like that that you might not expect. Another is the Ironclad card that gives you 2 strength for that turn, which you then lose at the end of the turn… using an artifact potion negates the loss of strength at the end of the turn… especially nice if you have an upgraded version of that card which grants you 4 strength. (Granted, that one is not a particularly strong card in the first place.) Also the defect card that gives you a bunch of extra focus, but then makes you lose focus every turn. Basically it negates any negative effects, even if they come from your own cards. It’s a nice function of the card that often goes overlooked.

Are you talking about Rampage? The one that automatically ups its own damage every time it’s played? I’ve had a lot of fun with that one. The one that can be upgraded unlimited times has never sounded good to me because upgrades are (Armaments aside) generally rare and expensive and I’d rather spend them on Shrugs on Warcrys and so forth.

There’s an artifact called Orange Pellets that has a similar function. If you play a Power, Skill, and Attack card in the same round it removes all negative effects. Even self inflicted ones like Wraith Form’s dex loss or Biased Cognition’s focus loss. Really handy if you have a deck where the cards have some negative effect. It’s most powerful with a Defect because Defect’s tend to have lots of Power cards to trigger the pellets frequently and love to play Biased Cognition.

Just looked it up, Searing Blow is the card I’m thinking of. Costs 2, can be upgraded any number of times. Pretty sure it’s the only card that can be smithed more than once. If you can get it to +5 or +6 it really starts getting kinda goofy when you can play it multiple times a round.

Fun idea, that would require a really really slim deck though and a lot of upgrade attention to one card. Are you accomplishing all those upgrades at camp fires or are you using multiple Armaments?

I always grab the snecko eye. Such fun and seems to be a benefit more often than a curse in my experience, though once I have it I try to pick the most expensive cards.

Yea in that build you need Searing Blow to drop pretty early, Smith it at every camp, remove every card from your deck that doesn’t draw cards/give energy. There is an achievement to win the game with a really thin deck and the Searing Blow deck is the easiest way to accomplish it afaik.

@Gordon_Cameron last I checked - long ago, Snecko Eye was the relic that gave you the highest % chance of winning if you picked it up. But that may have changed over time, not sure.

Didn’t know about the major new patch and have been playing this like an addict on our new Switch. I finally beat Act 3 back to back on the and on Steam (where I’d apparently bought this back in summer 2018 without ever even so much as installing it!) with the Ironclad after easily 25+ games. I’m a slow learner, lol. I dunno if I’ll ever be good enough to go Act 4 hunting or climbing the Ascension ladder, but this game has already provided more hours of gaming enjoyment than every single thing I played in 2018 and 19 combined, I think, lol

I played and died as Ironclad.

Then again as the Silent.

And then had a fantastic run as the energy orb guy. Still mid run. Just seemed much more straight forward. I have a power card that gives me a new power card every turn, that’s fun!

I love this card when paired with the relic that makes playing power cards give a random card in hand a 0 cost for the turn. Really explosive stuff.

I haven’t played in well over a year but I really enjoyed it. I got to the Time Eater with the Iron Clad finally on one run and then proceeded to royally blow it. It was discouraging. The silent was just being developed and it just never clicked for me and I would always go back to the Ironclad because I wanted to beat it on that. Seems like I need to jump back in.

There is a good power card strat for sure. The other critical ones are

1 Generate 1 lightning every time you play a power card

2 Generate 1 lightning each time you take damage from an attack

Both double on upgrades. Number 1 is generally more powerful, but number 2 lays waste to bosses and elites that like to strike for small damage many times.

Card #1 is Storm. When infinite mode came out I ended up having a deck with a bunch of upgraded storms with mummified hand, and I had the Bottled Storm relic that let you always start with a power in your hand which was the power that gives you 2 card draws every time you play a power. Then just some various powers. This synergy can win every fight in one round, it’s kind of neat. You just play a power, draw 2, play any card in your hand that was reduced to 0, draw 2, go on forever. You just keep adding powers to your deck, since you are guaranteed to draw the synergy every first round and go into super saiyan mode.

Edited to clarify Bottled Storm was a relic. It may be Bottled-something else, I know there are three versions of it.