Slice & Dice (by tann), my new GOAT (roguelike dice tactics game)

28 turns! Crazy! Congrats!

Damn, that’s awesome.

I love that spell so much.

Same, I never want to upgrade the Healer because of Vine. And what is that Great Start blessing? I don’t know what it does, but it sounds ideal.

+1 to all dice on the first turn. I found that it was Just enough to tip me over the edge to get a lot of tint 1 either wins, poison kills or retreats

I’d tried with he essence capture on the previous run but got eaten at round 16.

I can feel how close many of these fights are, so that would be a valuable buff. I also like the friendship bracelet for also triggering some earlier enemy retreat. Anything to avoid entering the next round.

Oh yeah, the bracelet would be awesome for trying to do those short runs. Maybe having Statue on the team for the huge hp pool?

After asking about the Fiend, I did think about how often you roll healing on the first turn, rendering it useless if no heroes were knocked out the prior round, so with strong healing, I can see how a combo of pain + higher value die could work well. I am still a little scared to try it.

New to me, hilarious grey hero option - Statue. Obviously, load it up with equips to give it abilities. Wondering though, are there also any equips that use hit points as a multiplier for damage maybe?

There are the stuns that affect monsters with a lower HP value.

Great of you’ve got “all blanks turn to something” items, but the chances of having a good one of those at level 2 isn’t so great…

I will say the biggest disappointment is getting offered two class upgrades I don’t want. I wish there was a “random” option like the items. Maybe +1 HP to a random hero?

Okay, first time I saw Great Start, and I eked out the fast win. My stomach clenched at each summoner enemy. And with no pain wielders, I didn’t have many options for crunchy hits until the final items and classes presented a couple combos that had to be rolled into.

That might be it for a while. I’d like to go back to Blursed mode a second time. The first Blursed run felt like Death Stranding. The tower of curses got higher, and I started to forget all the penalties, and then it tumbled down.

Currently having a good run towards the fast achievements with Hero underdog blessing, which gives all hero sides underdog (x2 if against a target with more HP). I started with the cultist who gives a spell that damages one of your own heroes, which has been an incredibly useful combo.

This would be nice. I have found some success in sometimes not taking available level 3 heroes ups, if my existing level 2 hero is a good fit for the team and has good equipment / spell.

I have joined the Blursed mode party! Recap that it is a mode where you pick two blessings to begin a run with, and you gain a new curse following each boss/mini-boss, and when you complete level 20, you zip back to the beginning, back to level 1 heroes, no equipment, but retaining your blessings and curses (and you get a new blessing). To unlock Blursed, I think you just complete or partially complete a Cursed mode run.

I am at level 41 so far . . . and can see how this mode gets crazy.

Yup, Blursed is awesome. You don’t have to complete a cursed run, just attempt it, iirc.

Why is Hexia so damn hard compared to the other bosses? I feel like just one of the counter attacks would be enough.

I just ended a run with a superteam about five minutes ago by getting nearly insta-wiped by Hexia.

As I’ve mentioned before. You need to have a plan in case she shows up. As some other games have done recently, knowing the final boss at the start of the run might make sense, at least on easy/normal difficulties.

I just always assume that Hexia will show…

I like this game but it’s not hooking me for some reason. I will fire it up and then quit immediately. Maybe I’m not playing the fun modes? Blursed doesn’t seem that compelling. Let me give it another try.

It is hooking me and yet, whilst playing on Hard or Blursed, I do find the challenge so high and the resulting mental demand so great that I do enjoy it best in short bursts. Say, 3 or 4 fights, about 20 minutes. More than that, and the constant challenge becomes fatiguing. I think this is largely because in contrast to other games, there is no ‘filler’ content, you spend negligible time doing anything but desperately trying not to die. Stimulating, but exhausting!