Slice & Dice (by tann), my new GOAT (roguelike dice tactics game)

I forgot to say thanks, Matt, Shards, Misguided: I spotted that little cross once told!

How loop 7 ended…

Cataclysm has saved me multiple times now. Including on the round before this where it was just Venom Vs Hydra at the end and I was saved by self shield…

Just saw that in a totally different game 🤣
But seriously, that’s awesome!

Yeah, the summoners are a pain. If they decide to summon early and often things can go downhill fast.

This is probably the best game I have played on my phone, thanks @Misguided for creating the thread, would have totally missed it otherwise!

Any recommendations on focusing what to unlock? I see there are a bunch that depend on # of victories, but they may take a while. I can usually win on normal. I tried hard mode and lost, but there is an unlock I can try for by getting a win.

Edit: Actually, I was mistaken. For number of victories unlocks, I thought it meant winning the total game, not individual battles. So it will move along much faster than I thought.

I was trying to get the unlock for beating Unfair difficulty. I was also trying to beat Loot mode on Easy (I don’t know if there’s an unlock for that, but probably). But they were both too hard and I was getting frustrated.

Now I’m just playing Blursed mode, which is way more fun, and I get occasional random unlocks just from picking certain heroes or certain items.

I want to go after unfair at some point, but haven’t tried.

@robc04 if you haven’t tried Cursed mode yet, give it a try. Doing so will unlock Blursed, which is a lot of fun, as Josh mentioned.

Right now I only have classic, custom and shortcut unlocked. To unlock loot mode it says to complete any mode with 12+ items. How would you even get that many items? The game only offers so many on a single run. I’m guessing I need to unlock whatever it is after you win 75 battles. Actually I may have done that on my phone - I think it is paste mode?

You get 10 items/standard runs, and there might be ways to get a little more…

I never checked the achievements or unlocks. I won’t either now: you make it sound like a condition!

Oh yeah, I guess cursed unlocks from beating hard. I unlocked loot mode from blursed, which makes it a bit easier to pull off (you can start with items with the right blessings).

There are often options between choosing one of two items or 2 or 3 items of lower level. You’ll need to take those when they come up.

ahh ok, thanks

Roasted by a dragon on level 80 in Blursed mode. Unlocked a new mode!

Nice!

My first win in Classic Unfair, and I beat the final boss on turn 0.

The Hand has crazy dice but gives all your heroes +1 on all faces of your dice. I had a curse that capped my characters at 6 HP/pips on dice, and I had the Flawed Diamond treasure that gives pristine to your left and middle face if you’re at full HP but also gives +4 empty HP so you can’t start a fight with it active. But because of the curse, the empty HP didn’t apply, and with another treasure that gave +1 to all faces with the lowest pips and with the boss bonus (which apparently applied first), I had the middle face on my Sorcerer as 6 rerolls. With another character with a 2 reroll face and two damage cantrips, I hit one of the big rerolls early and was able to chain into as many as I needed to finish off the boss without ever needing to stop rolling.

Damn, dude. That’s amazing!

Well done!

Nice! I’m still trying to beat hard :-)

I got the boss about halfway down on HP on hard - but the taking equivalent damage that I dish to him was too much for me to handle.

I think Hexia is by far the hardest boss. You’ll probably beat it next time if you get a different one.