Sniper Elite 4 - More slo-mo bullet cam

For PS4, Xbox One, PC this year.

Continues the story from Sniper Elite 3, but moved to Italy.

Great series. Looking forward to another.

And the third one was a last gen title? This one might be pretty cool then. Must… not… play… every… game… in… series.

Third one was a current generation title.

Will they have multi-player co-op saves?

That was the one where you could assassinate Hitler, right? Watched a youtube video of that. Very satisfying!

Yup. The Hitler mission was the Grey Wolf DLC.

The whole game was good. The balance of close-quarters stealth and setting up long-range kills was really well done.

Oh it was current gen? I’d expect this one to be a little bit MOTS in that case.

Delayed till Feb 2017.

Will it have multi-player co-op saves? I can’t understand why the last one doesn’t have that feature.

Dunno…

Some E3 2016 gameplay

I wonder if they were inspired by the Wolfenstein segment from Charlie Brooker’s Gameswipe when they added in that little bio-section for the people you shoot?

I have trouble imagining them upping the gruesomeness factor for Sniper Elite 5? Maybe they’ll start labelling each part of the brain and what function it serves as your bullet tears through it in ultra-slo-mo.

I always turn that action camera off. It totally breaks the flow of the game. It is especially bad in dangerous situations because time does not stop while its showing you a glory kill.

I love the sniper role in games and enjoyed Sniper Elite 3 (or was it 2?) What I didn’t like at all were the arcade-ish parts of the game where I had to face waves of enemy soldiers coming at me in close combat (like the one where you’re in the room with I think a scientist, taking out Nazis in the plaza below, but them waves of them come into the room and you have to just be faster than they are.

Let me stay in my Sniper role and I’ll be happy. There’s plenty of tension you can have in that role, such as counter snipers and trying to get into a good position.

Less sniping than before? :(

The first thing I do is turn that feature off. The only feature that really means much to me is if it has co-op saves.

It’s funny how everyone has their absolutely standard comment on these games by now. I’ll add mine: They need to do a science fiction version so the dismemberment cam can show weird alien internals getting ruptured. It would be a great fit for XCom :) And it would actually be richer, because in XCom you’d miss half the time.

The title was already a bit outdated in the third part, which was a very decent third person stealth/action game with open-ish levels which could be played without abusing the sniper rifle, a bit like MGS5 Ground Zero, ww2 version.

There were primarily close in melee and assault rifle scenes in that trailer, which leads me to believe this one will be even more close range and arcade-y type required set pieces than I want in a sniper game.

As I said before, the pieces in the previous game where you had to stealthily make your way into position, avoiding being spotted, avoiding counter-snipers, avoiding patrols, etc. and then once finding a good position, making your shot and then getting out safely, that was all great stuff.

But then the action pieces trying to hold off waves of German soldiers in pure close assault mode. Why do they feel like they have to throw that stuff in? There are plenty of close assault games out there. I got tired enough of that that I quit the last one early.

This is out! Tom is streaming tonight also…

Eurogamer recommended it also, I will be getting it once it hits a decent sale. ;)

And launch trailer: