Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 - Open-world sniper survival

Seriously, I thought we had put a halt to comments like this. They may have been stretched for time, busy, or just plain incompetent, but labeling developers ‘lazy’ for not including a feature is bullshit.

Should they have added a proper uninstaller? No question. Just get off the goddamn ‘lazy’ train already.

To the person saddled with uninstalling the beta, is there a difference?

I’m not debating the inconvenience of not having an uninstaller, but ‘lazy’ isn’t exactly an adjective that I’d use in relation to most of the developers I know.

Do we label the engineers who designed airbags that failed to deploy during an accident ‘lazy’? No, we call them stupid dumbfucks that didn’t sufficiently test their product. Lazy has an intentional connotation that I don’t think applies at all.

Maybe I’m alone in preferring to be called stupid over lazy.

I guess using “lazy” as shorthand for “this dev did something dumb that is plainly obvious to me” is inaccurate, but it’s kind of an odd hill to die on.

A bit more research and perhaps meeper is right, ‘lazy’ might not be the right word here. I’m not even sure if it’s incompetency or “too busy” either. Honestly I read the Steam forum thread I linked and saw the devs weren’t responding to email, so I hastily used a negative word because, hey, might as well insult the entire dev team on a public forum, right? :)

Apparently there are cases where Steam removes a beta product from your Steam library listing when the beta period has ended. Makes sense, I suppose, but the problem is that there’s no longer a game in your library to uninstall, even though the game files still reside on your hard drive (in this case, almost 30GB worth). The uninstaller Control Panel in Windows takes you to Steam, an empty gesture at that point.

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen other beta’s remain in my Steam library after they expire so I can delete them. Not sure what happened with this particular title. Maybe it’s a flag the developer can set.

Sounds like I’ll need to install CCleaner to deal with this properly.

I ended up using Revo Uninstaller trial edition, which did the trick quite nicely.

Headshots seem a bit over the top, no?

Yeah, that was not a good trailer. I am rooting for these guys eventhough I will pass on the game at launch, but they need better marketing.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/sniper-ghost-warrior-3-shows-off-its-safe-house-in-a-series-of-screenshots-3452376

So some fast travel is included between safe houses, I figured everything happened outside of a main secret safe house.

Better than the last trailer, but a head still does not explode like that.

For fun, I am playing GW1, and its not very good. :D

I tried briefly GW1 as I had it in my library, and yeah it’s pretty bad.

GW3 is a big improvement, I played the demo beta.

I am glad to hear that, I pre-ordered GW3 on Amazon for the prime discount. I am happy to see there is only 1 version and it has the “season pass” included. Pretty good offer for $40.

You should know things! 10 things to be exact!

Witcher vision , Batman vision, Sniper vision!

So you may not want to get this game on PS4.

Seems to have some bugs as well:

In the prologue/tutorial, I fell through the world after rappelling down a cliff, and that’s all I can really say for now.

Yeah so their dreams of becoming AAA are shattered once again. But maybe they will eventually fix it up like Dambuster did Homefront, too bad the low reviews and bad reputation will be set and nobody will care.

For me this game will be great , bugs and all, I mean I just suffered through the first and am almost finished the 2nd game.

It sorta reminds me of the way the Witcher games improved in quality over time. The first was clunky and just ok, the 2nd was a huge leap in quality , story, and fun, and the 3rd was a masterpiece.

SGW1 was pretty bad (seriously B studio type of game), SGW2 is just ok (lots of stuff improved, feels like a solid A studio game), SGW3 will be fun no doubt, but still not AAA quality. And they aren’t charging AAA price for it, so that should be taken into consideration also. :)

This is CI’s no-fooling actual response to the video above:

[quote]
We are aware of the problem with long initial loading times, but thanks to this decision we were able to shorten any loading times during missions, respawns, and fast travel to a minimum.

• fast travel 4-15s
  • load last checkpoint(depend on situation) 15-30s
  • Restart mission 25s

Ultimately we feel like this inconvenience is rewarded with a comfortable experience once the game is loaded.[/quote]

[quote=“Telefrog, post:39, topic:77173, full:true”]
This is CI’s no-fooling actual response to the video above:

Lol.

In The Witcher 3 both the initial load and reloading or fast travelling where several times shorter. Try again.