Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 - Open-world sniper survival

Official site: http://sniperghostwarrior.com/

I was not a fan of the first two games - I think Rebellion knocked it out of the park for this genre with Sniper Elite 3 - but this looks interesting to me.

Some interesting stuff going on in there. I’m glad there’s fast travel, since Thief showed us how tedious it is in a stealth game to constantly go through the same areas with respawning enemies.

Did sniper elite 3 ever fix the multiplayer save bug? The ability to save progress in a multi-player co-op game?

I am not sure, as I never messed with multiplayer in Sniper Elite 3. Also you posted that question in the wrong forum thread! :p

On topic… a new trailer is out for Ghost Warrior 3!

Gamescom video:

Looks good, but boy that is some sketchy voice-acting.

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the voice acting. It is so…understated. Like the guy is a normal guy, not some super bad ass typical super soldier.
The game itself looks much better than I expected. What I dislike are all the typical open world icons on the minimap. But it looks like it could be more enjoyable than FarCry 4 was for me.

Although that looked fine I think I’ve played every single element of that game multiple times already. I need to play fewer games.

Delayed again.

This time out to April 4th.

They seem intent on making this as good as possible to finally get this franchise some good reputation. Good on them.

Slaughterhouse mission:

Over the years, I think I’ve managed to buy every single FPS game made by (or published by) City Interactive (Now CI Games).

I’ve always been kind of a fan of their budget titles. A guilty pleasure, they scratched an itch.

It has been interesting, and sometimes amusing, during the last several years to see them attempt to make the jump to triple-A titles. And while they haven’t quite managed to do it yet, I’ve been secretly rooting for them, and admire their efforts.

For instance, I really enjoyed the first Ghost Warrior game. That game, and its sequel, I thought rose them from strictly budget to excellent B-type games, or maybe even single-A games (if that is even a proper designation). But still well short of what I consider triple-A. Maybe Ghost Warrior 3 will be the one to do it. I have my doubts, but the videos I’ve seen thus far do give me a bit of hope.

But the Sniper Elite series from Rebellion is some very stiff competition. But CI Games does seem to be slowly closing the gap. I wish them well. I’ve so far bought all the sniper games from both companies, and I’ve been happy with both for different reasons. And I’ll likely buy these latest games from both companies as well.

For single-player sniper-focused games, there just isn’t a whole lot more to choose from right now.

Will this one have co-op play?

Open beta starts on Feb 3rd. Registration is open now. The beta will include two SP missions.

I signed up for the beta. This looks like it could be fun.

So far this is like a sniper version of Far Cry 3/4. One of the first things that happens is driving around in a klunky jeep with jangly radio music playing. I kept expecting Radio Free Kyrat to pipe up. It even has ziplines from points of interest!

CryEngine seems solid on my PC. There’s a bit of stutter driving really fast and going through heavy foliage, but otherwise performance seems good. The UI adapts to mouse & keyboard and controller on the fly, which is nice.

Of course, there’s a drone to spot enemies and tag them. I think drones are the new compound bow. Remember when every game had a bow and arrow? Well, now it’s spotter drones.

Sniping feels accurate. There’s bullet drop and wind can impact your long-range shots. Baddies go down in satisfying heaps with headshots. The missions (the beta has two) have primary and secondary objectives with multiple approaches. When things go south, they go south catastrophically. Miss a shot and everyone around lights up on you.

Inventory, crafting, and loadout stuff. There’s a ton of toys.

It does look like it will be a very fun game, but the performance is bizzare on my machine. When driving the car, I get drops to 15 fps no matter the settings. When using scope my framerate tanks too. But when just running around the world and playing, I have 60 stable maxed out.
Wat teh fcuk. Hopefully they will optimized it fully for the full version.

Anyone else having issues uninstalling the beta? I have a 26GB folder sitting in steamapps/common and no game listed in Steam. The uninstall option in Win10 Programs and Features takes me back to the Steam client. Hmm.

I think it will be better than GR Wildlands (game I see you mentioning in the original post, TF).

It’s a mix of clunkier Far Cry 3 and Sniper Elite 3 with a bit of Stalker. Not a bad mix, imo.

Delayed a tiny bit. Launch is moving from the 4th of April to the 25th of April.

Found a discussion on Steam on the fact that you can’t uninstall the beta.

The devs are lazy for not providing a proper uninstaller. I won’t spend a dime on this game.