Sniper: Ghost Warrior

I just noticed this on Steam, and it looks a lot like the game I imagined when I was playing the original Far Cry.

Has anyone been following this? Or played it? what did you think?

Haven’t played it, but I’ve looked at a few vids. Seems to be the most realistic so far in terms of trajectory. Probably not going to get it, but looks decent enough for a weekend rental or something.

I’ll end up getting it, probably on the 360, simply because I’m big sniper fan.

I’m playing it, about 3 hours in so far. it’s pretty damn decent. It mixes up the action, you play as the sniper in stealth gameplay mode, moving to prime sniping spots etc, and also as an assault team on the ground. You see the same mission from two different perspectives, as the sniper supports the team and so on. physics are ok, shooting is competent, ai is iffy but not more so than usual, etc. I like it

But it’s not farcry 2. There’s a bit of openness in the stealth sections, but it’s otherwise a linear shooter.

How does the sniping compare to Sniper Elite?

It has engine of Call of Juarez 2, which is about the best optimized while amazing looking game I have ever played.

So, post impressions! City Interactive so far released only extremely bad lowbudget titles, but this really seems interesting.

Haven’t played that. But the sniping feels good. There’s wind, heartbeat, leading targets, slow down time, etc. I certainly never cried bullshit about the results of a shot so far.

There’s a demo of it here:

Be advised that the start of that demo is the worst part of the game so far for me. It’s the only (small) section where getting discovered while stealthing is an instafail. Everywhere else, it just causes an alarm and some run and gun. So don’t judge the game by the first section, at least on that.

Arise old thread, I am playing this game! I just finished up ACT 3, overall it is alright, graphics and ai haven’t aged well, DO NOT ZOOM IN ON THE GRASS! But the missions are short and its still fun to shoot enemies in slow-mo. There are like 4 colors in the game total, mostly shades of green, tan, grey, and black.

I checked the web and am surprised to see the campaign is like 4hrs long. I saw that GW2’s campaign is also only 5 hours on average. So I should have them both finished by the time Ghost Warrior 3 comes out. That game is promised to have a 35 hour campaign, aka probably lots of filler crap. :p

I was shocked to see GW1 supports 4k!

The stealth missions where your spotter walks you through the level are the best, and there are a few missions like that! Also if you fail and get noticed, the mission continues!

And I finished this yesterday, I wonder how many people made it to the final mission? There is one area where the textures are messed up in the last level, I even reloaded twice, and it was there both times. I guess the developers figured no one would finish the game. :p

So I couldn’t find a Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 thread, and I don’t think it needs it own really, its an old game that few have and or will play. :p

So far 1 mission down and its a huge step up in quality over SGW1. For one thing, not everything is a shade of green! And seeing the better AI, better scripting and so far a decent story, along with better ballistics, has me very excited to see what they will do with SGW3 next week.

Here are some SGW2 screens!

Even thermal vision!

Finished up SGW2 and am on the prequel dlc now. Then finally onto SGW3!

Last area of SGW2 was beautiful, reminded me a lot of FarCry 4. Loved the missions where you have a co-op AI spotter, it is really well done and I would not have any issue suggesting this game to someone.

The dlc, Siberian Strike takes place in snowy areas!

And finished the dlc, overall a fun 90 minutes or so. Some nice set pieces and the story of the dlc leads into the main game, so if anyone ever gets around to playing SGW2, play the dlc first.

Finally onto SGW3, and I’ll stop bumping this old thread. :p