So, how far along are you in Vice City? (Potential spoilers)

I have just gotten the mansion. It’s fun wandering around, checking out the place. Just as I was thinking to myself, I would have an armory in a pad like this, I stumbled across it. I also figured out a way to cheese the game, and put two cars (Cheetah and a Stinger) and a bike (crotch rocket) in the “two car” garage. It’s nice how you’re always supplied with an Inferno, and don’t have to use up one the garage’s spaces.

So far, my favorite mission is the one where you pilot the RC helicopter, and place bombs is the office building for Avery. But I’ve enjoyed most of them, overall. Anyone else?

Where is the armory? I found a sniper rifle in the hedge maze but no armory. I am somewhere past 25% done having just finished the Hatian and Cuban missions, all of the Love Fist missions, and all of the Biker missions. I have one mission point left and that is a phone based mission. Not sure where I need to go from here, seems like I have to buy assets and do those missions. I have the strip club and the Cherry Popper Ice Cream factory but they haven’t started to realize revenue yet (need to do the missions).

I am really enjoying it, the helicopter is a lot of fun and the missions are pretty hard but not too bad. The submachine gun seems to be the killer weapon for the game with the auto target function. The graphics leave quite a bit to be desired but the gameplay makes up for it.

– Xaroc

I still have 2 more days to wait for this (in the UK). I am soooo gutted.

I finally managed to get my hands on a copy of Vice City (along with Suikoden III, by trading in a handful of old games at EB)… I’m on the mission where you need to rescue Lance from Diaz’s boys. What a pain in the ass. I finally managed to get Lance out of the junkyard alive, and then he got run over… like two seconds after I got out of the yard. Sort of a “just give me a chance!” moment.

There are a few painful missions but overall it is great. I didn’t have that many problems with that mission, I nabbed one of the trucks sitting around after I found Lance and got out of there.

I rolled credits on Vice City yesterday. I am roughly 65% through the game. I doubt I will get to 100 but I will finish off the rest of the fun stuff like the unique jumps and rampages.

– Xaroc

There are a few painful missions but overall it is great. I didn’t have that many problems with that mission, I nabbed one of the trucks sitting around after I found Lance and got out of there. [/quote]
Exactly. There is a dump truck in the junkyard to ensure that you don’t take Lance around on foot if you don’t have you. But even better is that there is usually a car at the front gate. I ferried Lance over to the car in the garbage truck – just to be sure. I found that the longer you stayed in a car going in and coming out, the better.

GTA’s strength lies in how everyone gets something different out of the game. I can’t believe that someone picked the RC chopper mission as a favourite. I found that to be easily the most tedious and boring mission in the game.

GTA’s strength lies in how everyone gets something different out of the game. I can’t believe that someone picked the RC chopper mission as a favourite. I found that to be easily the most tedious and boring mission in the game.

It’s just a puzzle, The solution: start with the top floor and work your way down. I got it on my 2nd try. My favorite mission, currently, is where you have to get the counterfeit plates from the syndicate. I won’t give away who the syndicate consists of, but I was a bit surprised, and amused.

When the cash starts rolling in, purchase the Hyman Condo (near the Hyman Stadium). You’ll get several garages, so you can start working on your car collection. Plus, if you go upstairs, there’s occasionally a helicopter on the roof (seems to spawn randomly).

I actually managed that RC chopper mission on the first try–and I wasted about a minute and a half circling the building trying to find a way to the second floor heh.

Let’s not for a instant think that I’m complaining about the RC chopper level because I found it difficult. I got it on my first try. My complaint is that it’s in fact NOT a puzzle, or challenging, but just a drawn-out chore. There is no benefit to starting with the top floor first. I did it from bottom up just fine.

In fact, now that I think of it, you will actually take LONGER if you start on the top floor because the bomb goes off right after hitting the last target. If your last target is the top floor, you save the travel time of coming back down the stairs from the fourth floor.