So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

https://twitter.com/imraansiddiqi/status/840623891827507200

A Florida man is in custody after police say he tried to burn a store he thought was Muslim-owned.
Police say Richard Lloyd, 64, was mad at Arabs for “what they are doing in this Middle East” and that he wanted to “run them out of the country.”

Feeling safer every day, y’all.

Isn’t this the second time in a week an Indian was assumed to be muslim and attacked?

Third. Fourth if we go back 2 weeks.

Just add it to these attacks:

Incompetence at identifying racial characteristics and incompetence at violent impulse control tend to cohabit what is generally known as the “Fucking Imbecile Cluster”.

SNL did a sketch back after 911 where will Ferrell kept reading some guy’s store because he thought he was a member of various groups.

Sessions begins DoJ purge:

https://twitter.com/KTVU/status/840299017615495168

Bharara—whose office is in the end stages of an investigation of New York Mayor Bill de Blasio, about to begin the trials of two close allies of Governor Andrew Cuomo, and also appears to be investigating how Fox News structured settlements of sexual harassment and other claims brought by its employees—met with Donald Trump shortly after the election and was told that he would stay. Just this week, Attorney General Jeff Sessions assured him in a phone conversation that he’d remain atop the Southern District, according to the federal law enforcement official.

Friday evening, the law enforcement official told The Daily Beast, Bharara told his section chiefs that he’d yet to submit the requested letter and might instead challenge Sessions to fire him. Evidently, the White House did not back down.

The report by the OIG and OPR, which explored the Bush administration’s “reasons for the removals of the U.S. Attorneys and whether they were removed for partisan political purposes,” found that the firings were “an unprecedented removal of a group of high-level Department officials.” The report concluded:

In sum, we believe that the process used to remove the nine U.S. Attorneys in 2006 was fundamentally flawed. While Presidential appointees can be removed for any reason or for no reason, as long as it is not an illegal or improper reason, Department officials publicly justified the removals as the result of an evaluation that sought to replace underperforming U.S. Attorneys. In fact, we determined that the process implemented largely by Kyle Sampson, Chief of Staff to the Attorney General, was unsystematic and arbitrary, with little oversight by the Attorney General, the Deputy Attorney General, or any other senior Department official. In choosing which U.S. Attorneys to remove, Sampson did not adequately consult with the Department officials most knowledgeable about their performance, or even examine formal evaluations of each U.S. Attorney’s Office, despite his representations to the contrary.

[…]

The Department’s removal of the U.S. Attorneys and the controversy it created severely damaged the credibility of the Department and raised doubts about the integrity of Department prosecutive decisions. We believe that this investigation, and final resolution of the issues raised in this report, can help restore confidence in the Department by fully describing the serious failures in the process used to remove the U.S. Attorneys and by providing lessons for the Department in how to avoid such failures in the future.

So you’re in for an entire department of Trump lackeys frivolously filing suits with tax payer money against anything or anyone Trump finds annoying or dissenting. Joy.

Guess which US Attorney was investigating Fox News. Yep, Bharara, who resisted resigning and was fired.

Edit: Oh and this from a few days ago: https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/us-attorney-asked-to-investigate-trump-for-alleged-constitutional-violation/2017/03/08/845f51a8-0390-11e7-b1e9-a05d3c21f7cf_story.html

It’s literally all they do.

Every time I’m at the checkout line getting some food or a snack at work I see this crap:

Not even crazy stories about Hillary being a demon, just straight up MAGA MAGA propogranda every week.

Endorsed him pretty early on. Prototype fake anti-fake news news source.

How I wish the Weekly World News were still around to chronicle the Trump era.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/841000777929900033

After meeting with Geert Wilders and Frauke Petry — anti-immigrant demagogues from the Netherlands and Germany, respectively — in September 2016, King even tweeted a photo with the aphorism, “Cultural suicide by demographic transformation must end.”

But on Sunday of this week, King embraced language that is incendiary even by his corroded standards. In a tweet once again supporting Wilders — who is in the final days of his latest bid to become prime minister of the Netherlands — King said: “Wilders understands that culture and demographics are our destiny. We can’t restore our civilization with somebody else’s babies.”

Ugh, please just kill me now. How anyone could think that this OBVIOUS charlatan would “help the little guy” is completely beyond me. Is he also by any chance selling band uniforms and instruments, or a monorail?

Nat Enq was in early for trump as the magnate owner is a personal friend.

I know it’s the National Enquirer and not some respected news organization, but seeing blatant… propaganda… like that in US media just makes me uneasy. It’s bad enough what lengths various news organizations will go to spin particular news, but this sort of thing just creeps me out as it takes it to another level.

Does anyone else feel that way, or am I just being such a snowflake?

You’re not being a snowflake, but egregiously partisan press is not a new thing in American politics. Whether we’re off to Angriffe-land or just backsliding to a media era such as, say, the 1850s/60s, when papers barely even put a up a pretense of objectivity, is I suppose an open question. (Of course, even Civil War era newspapers, at least the good ones, did believe in such things as facts and tried to accurately report them.)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/through-his-budget-a-bottom-line-look-at-trumps-new-washington/2017/03/12/29739206-05be-11e7-b9fa-ed727b644a0b_story.html?utm_term=.24e1e0ac63e4

“Unfortunately, we have no alternative but to reinvest in our military and make ourselves a military power once again,” National Economic Council Director Gary Cohn said on “Fox News Sunday.”

How do they get away with this horseshit?

Because a winning percentage of us American electorate are stupid and hateful enough that maybe the next Democratic president should quietly float some forced sterilization studies? Cuz we got the president and Congress our populace leveraged our broken system to select…