So I guess 2016 claimed its biggest victim yet - America

I came in excited to see her get booed off stage but she stuck to her guns and gave a complete speech while the audience pretty much simmered down. Now I feel disappointed.

I don’t understand why Bethune-Cookman University picked her for their commencement speech.

That’s what I was wondering? Seems a bit absurd.

Teen Vogue: White Male Terrorists Are an Issue We Should Discuss

America has been reticent to label white male mass shooters as domestic terrorists, and there’s a hesitation from politicians, law enforcement agencies, and society as a whole, to investigate what animates the brutal actions of these attackers, who are mostly white and male, and whose actions are often rationalized. “There were over 300 mass shootings [in which four or more people were injured] in the United States in 2015, and less than 1 percent of them were committed by Muslims,” Arsalan Iftikhar, a U.S. human rights lawyer and author, said in an interview last year. “But it was the one committed by Muslims in San Bernardino that was immediately labeled an act of terrorism,'” he said, referring to the December 2015 shooting at the Inland Regional Center in San Bernardino, California, wherein Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik killed 14 people and injured 22 others after declaring allegiance to the Islamic State.
[…]
In a nation where we strive to understand religious propaganda in order to prevent further indoctrination, it’s crucial we take a more serious approach in identifying white nationalist, white supremacist, misogynistic, homophobic, and transphobic agitprop. We can not and should not dismiss any prejudiced motive because, by fact, the most common and most lethal form of domestic terrorism isn’t carried out by brown-skinned Islamic jihadists. And while the U.S. does not decrease its efforts to root out terrorism based on Muslim fundamentalism, the number one question that Americans of all backgrounds should be asking is: Who and what is radicalizing white male terrorists?

I really need to cut my NY Times subscription and sign up for Teen Vogue.

My god, they deserve all the Pulitzers.

Seriously. What the heck is going on over at Teen Vogue? They’ve been knocking it out of the park.

Have been for months.

I was just thinking, in one fell swoop, no one is talking about that god awful healthcare bill that the House recently passed. I’m not really sure I can take four more years of this crap. Here’s to hoping for an electoral miracle in 2018.

Great write up. Awesome quote:

In America, where antiterrorist thought has ruled the century, a citizen’s safety faces far greater risk due to texting while driving or tripping down the stairs than being killed by a foreign-born refugee jihadist. Women in America face more danger from their husbands than they do a Muslim terrorist. In America, where predominantly white and predominantly male antigovernment militias rank as law enforcement’s most prevalent threat, according to a 2015 report, law enforcement agents face more significant danger from armed white men than Jihadists. Yet here we are, willfully aiming to dismantle any semblance of growing extremist thought, while ignoring the many different forms of radicalization that are resulting in a large swath of vicious behavior.

I would think law enforcement’s most prevalent threat would be gangs of all races, and I think I would need some evidence proving “white and predominantly male antigovernment militias rank” as a larger danger. You may hate militia’s and their potential firepower, but when was the last time you heard about a militia shooting up a town on Saturday night.

The Oregon wildlife refuge could have ended very badly. That’s a recent one.

McCain’s former Chief of Staff: “Words I thought I’d never say: the security of the United States might now depend on electing a Democratic Congress in 2018.”

There was also the Sikh Temple in Milwaukee.

Don’t forget the Indian immigrant killed in Kansas.

Well, if you read the original article it had a link that doesn’t embed when I copied the above for the study:

But were there any gunshots? I understand the potential was there but we are talking law enforcement all over the country. If you think the mayor of Chicago or Detroit or even my city of Fresno worries more about “white male militias” more than they worry about gangs I think you are crazy.

Look, I admit there are white crazies who do white crazy things. And sure, militias are a potential threat, but there are actual daily threats that far outnumber them.

Fearing “white male militias” is like fearing sharks at the beach.

Key word there: “former”.

Lavoy Finicum was shot and killed.

So, who the the worst possible person that you would nonetheless prefer as POTUS instead of Trump?

Bernie Madoff.